Talk

Advanced search

Weaning - best pouches/jars in your experience?

(18 Posts)
LauraLovesDaisy Sun 05-Feb-17 16:22:17

Hi everyone
If you have used jars/pouches for weaning, which brands did you find the best? There's such a variety available. I plan to feed my daughter a mixture of homemade and shop bought.
Thanks so much smile

Whatsername17 Sun 05-Feb-17 16:26:58

Ella's kitchen. My little monkey would turn her nose up at my homemade offerings but Ella's pouches were wolfed down.

savagehk Sun 05-Feb-17 16:39:19

We did baby led weaning (which seemed a lot less faff!) but if out and about took Ellas Kitchen with, baby just sucking out of the pouch (no spoons needed)

Ella's Kitchen for us too.

Eminybob Sun 05-Feb-17 16:44:35

Just give baby whatever you are having (obviously within guidelines) - no need for expensive special foods.

LexieLulu Sun 05-Feb-17 16:50:24

We tend to give a mixture of homemade and jars. Our daughter will never have a whole day eating ready made food.

The jars she loves are cow and gate, they actually taste like the meals they are suppose to be. For example the Sunday dinner jar tastes a lot like broccoli. Our daughter hasn't disliked any jars, but she is a big eater and doesn't really turn anything away.

Ella's kitchen are more expensive, and on our own tasting they just aren't as nice. The meals aren't meals we would be giving her when she is fully on solids etc

smallplainblonde Sun 05-Feb-17 16:50:45

I found Ella's kitchen the best too but only use them for convinience. The pouches are so handy but I found my daughter finds them a lot harder to digest and strains a lot when emptying her bowels if she's had them so I would only use them in an emergency now.

NerrSnerr Sun 05-Feb-17 17:15:40

We used cow and gate jars sometimes and Ella's pouches are really useful when out. I found it was useful to have a few jars/ pouches in the cupboard to use at timesz

billabye Sun 05-Feb-17 17:18:03

Ella's pouches were the favourite, followed by Hipp at our house

Summerdays2014 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:38:40

Another vote for Ella's kitchen. I always have a couple in for when I run out of time. The Ella's kitchen cook books are really good as well. Lots of simple purées to make with finger foods and stuff for the whole family as well.

LauraLovesDaisy Mon 06-Feb-17 06:50:55

Thanks everyone - a resounding thumbs up for Ella's kitchen! grin

Youremywifenow Mon 06-Feb-17 09:56:12

Look in Aldi, the pouches are identical to Ella's kitchen (same flavours and organic) but half the price.
The porridge is great as well

Heirhelp Mon 06-Feb-17 14:58:57

I do blw which definitely sounds easier than different stages of food. I have used a couple of Ella kitchen prune pouches and I have noticed that even the Ella kitchen prune pouches have a lot of fruit in them so they will be sweet.

purpleporpoise Mon 06-Feb-17 15:02:41

Ella's were good. Heinz ones were often on offer in Asda so we had lots of those. I also used to buy the full range in Aldi, but there wasn't a big variety. All of them are organic and don't contain E numbers

MinnowAndTheBear Mon 06-Feb-17 15:09:20

Aldi again here, especially for the ones which are simply puréed veg/fruit. They are so cheap, and organic.

savagehk Mon 06-Feb-17 15:09:26

Heirhelp there's a 'prunes prunes prunes' which is 100%... prune. Admittedly prune is still a fruit though so may have misunderstood you smile

kel1234 Mon 06-Feb-17 15:10:50

We didn't give any jars. We just puréed what we had.
But cow and gate are good. My mum used cow gate and Heinz for the 3 of us

ItsyBitsyBikini Mon 06-Feb-17 15:11:45

Another vote for Ella's kitchen here. Or little angels. I use these more as I don't start cooking until Dp gets home and that could be 8pm so DS is in bed. My sister cooks for him though and gives it me in little tubs bless her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now