Talk

Advanced search

Dad and son hate each other

(9 Posts)
peppajay Sat 04-Feb-17 23:20:05

son has AS My D and I admit he is hard work but i can and do cope with him. Unfortunately My DH does not tolerate him and DS knows this so he does everything possible to wind him up. He gets zero attention from his dad and plays the you don't like me somi don't like you card. Husband is an adult so reAlky he shouldn't retaliate but he does .Admittedly looking at it from them outside my son speaks to his dad like a piece of s** but only coz he knows his dad doesn't like him. My DH told him to be quiet today as he was signing at the top of his voice to annoy him on purpose and my son told him to p** off so DH told him to p** off and now he is refusing to speak to him and I let him get away with too much - he has obsessions and fixatixons and I don't stop these he also has quirks which my dh doesn't like that I don't stop. Basically they hate each other and I don't know what I can do to make them like each other. DH IS so stubborn and downright arrogant I think to give his 7 yr old son some time and love but he won't do it. I can't make them like each other but surely as the adult my dh should try to like his son, even if he is 'odd' as he calls him. ,

peppajay Sat 04-Feb-17 23:22:07

Sorry about typos phone posted it before I he finished editing.

TalkingofMichaelAngel0 Sat 04-Feb-17 23:23:43

Yea you cant force him. Your husband is a shit parent but sadly we often dont realise this until far too late.

Whats your husband like wifh you?

titchy Sat 04-Feb-17 23:27:05

And you're still married because...?

Manepartner Sat 04-Feb-17 23:28:31

Oh fuck. Why are you allowing this man to do this to your son?

TheHobbitMum Sat 04-Feb-17 23:42:47

Your son is 7?! Your husband needs to grow the fuck up and you need to LTB, poor boy needs stability, love and understanding not shouting matches amd being told to piss off!

Finola1step Sat 04-Feb-17 23:45:49

7? I thought he was going to be 16 or 17? But 7. Poor, poor boy.

OrlandaFuriosa Sun 05-Feb-17 00:47:12

ASD often runs in families. Is your DH also on the spectrum? Worth thinking about?

Can I suggest your DH reads up about ASD a lot? It's easier then to understand.

And but we read The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd as a bed time story, prob when DS was 8-9. It is told by a boy on the spectrum. It's gripping and might help your DH understand as well as creating something between them.

We found common interests for them and they invented a game between themselves, sort of like top trumps.

Sympathy

Aquamarine1029 Sun 05-Feb-17 05:13:51

Your husband is behaving like a child. How sad and so damaging to your child. Get both of them into therapy before the damage is permanent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now