Talk

Advanced search

I feel at the end of my wits!

(3 Posts)
MamaMoose1 Sat 04-Feb-17 14:02:22

Hi,
I have a 19 month old daughter. Over the past few months, she has been having awful tantrums, throwing, hitting and today bit her 5 year old brother on his leg. No matter how many times I tell her not to do it, she still does it and it's getting worse. Today we put her in her cot for a few minutes because the throwing, hitting and biting was too much. She is not good at entertaining herself and likes me to be on the floor all the time amusing her, which is draining me, if I sit down or do things around the house she tends to throw her toys, as a way of attention seeking, or throws a tantrum. She always seems to be tired, as never sleeps for long in the day, which I know doesn't help. Is there any advice anyone can give me please, I am just fed up with it all.

Thanks for reading!

Snap8TheCat Sat 04-Feb-17 14:07:04

I think as you suspect, her tiredness will be causing a lot of this. Is that something you could address?

Blackbird82 Sat 04-Feb-17 15:41:17

I sympathise! My son is 21 months and also hitting and throwing toys. It's infuriating and I do tell him off for hitting but when he throws toys I try to explain that he can't throw things that are 'hard' as they may break, but he can throw soft toys like teddies etc....

Sometimes he listens, sometimes not! I've just resigned myself to the fact that this is an extremely difficult age and will eventually pass!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now