Talk

Advanced search

12 month old development delays

(7 Posts)
Timetogrowup2016 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:26:27

Dd is one on 16th feb
5 weeks prem. due date March 19th.

Hv check today has flagged up some potential delays.

Main ones re concern

No babbling.
No pulling to stand
No crawling
Can't get from sitting to tummy and vice versa

She can sit steady but I have to put her their .
She can roll back to front but not front to back except very occasionally
She can stand on furniture but I have to stand her up.

She is literally immobile and can't say any " da da " " ba ba " sounds

Her weight is climbing the centiles ( 91st at current. ) and her length is only 9th centile. Hv said weight won't level out until she's mobile

Any expirence with this.
We have been referred to see the hospital

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Feb-17 19:23:35

Oh Timeto that sounds so worrying but it may be alright. DS never rolled, hated tummy time and couldn't crawl or pull himself up at this age. DD was the same and didn't really talk until she was 3.

I agree with your HV about the weight, I really wouldn't worry about it at this time.

What happens if you stand her by the sofa? Will she try to move or reach for a toy?

Is she ok in a jumperoo or a door bouncer?

Kronutpearl Fri 03-Feb-17 20:28:21

What are the hospital checking her for?

is she generally smiley and alert, does she make eye contact etc?

Timetogrowup2016 Fri 03-Feb-17 20:43:56

Hi.
If I stand her on the sofa she can hold her weight and stand without my help and she can hold on with one hand, she attempts to bend to get a toy on the floor but can't quite. She doesn't cruise. She does reach for things.
She's a happy, alert girl. She shouts for my attention and constantly says " ah ah ah " to me and lots of eye contact, very responsive.

Hv says she wants her checked for delayed development as she is not mobile, she doesn't clap or wave and she doesn't babble

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Feb-17 20:55:02

TBH honest both of mine missed the crawling and babbling stage. Try not to worry too much.

HandbagFan Fri 03-Feb-17 21:42:06

DS is one on the 21st Feb and was actually 15 days late.

He can't crawl or stand
He can go from sitting to lying but not the other way round
He doesn't pull to standing (can't stand)
He doesn't stand on furniture

The HV said she was going to call me in a month to see ee if he was standing and crawling. I'm not worried. He'll get there.

He is talking and rolling, so admittedly different from your DS but I just wanted to reassure you a little. They all get there in their own time and there may be nothing sinister going on at all!

ThePug Fri 03-Feb-17 23:31:07

Wow I could almost have written your post! My DS is one on 14th Feb and was due 10th March smile He's not crawling or moving in any way, can't get from lying to sitting and only ever rolls on his changing table! He can stand if i put him at something but can only pull up on one toy arch thing and with a bit of help. He's recently started babbling bababa, dadada and mamama but with no meaning/context. Doesn't point or wave.

Saw our HV this week to repeat his 10 month review and she agreed he's delayed in both gross motor and communication. We've been referred to the paediatric physio and language therapist and I'm actually looking forward to getting him assessed by a professional rather than me just worrying and comparing to all our friends.

Seems like we're going through very similar times so will check back here for updates on how you and your DD are getting on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now