Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Board games for 2 year old?

(25 Posts)
jumpingcold Fri 03-Feb-17 17:49:42

Ds age 2.5 loves playing games with us - have a few orchard games and a simple colour matching one.

Any ideas for others? I'm bored of the few we have. Simple is better (not ready for snakes and ladders yet) but happy to take turns.

GreenGoblin0 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:18:46

was going to suggest orchard games from reading your title but see you have them already!

not a board game but have you tried snap or pairs?

jenga also worth a go.

jumpingcold Fri 03-Feb-17 18:21:37

Any specific orchard games you'd recommend? Thanks!

RicStar Fri 03-Feb-17 18:22:13

My 2 year old likes games like hungry hippos and kurplunk etc Plus the more simple orchard games.

FireflyGirl Fri 03-Feb-17 18:44:03

We play old Mcdonald lotto and red dog, blue dog. And greedy Gorilla - it's for ages 4+, and he's not yet 2, but who doesn't love making a Gorilla burp? grin

MrsBellefleur Fri 03-Feb-17 18:45:57

My three year old likes ones like pop up pirate and one similar where you pull carrots out and the rabbit goes pop.

Also elefun or something it's called where you have to catch butterfly type things that's blow out of its trunk.

jelliebelly Fri 03-Feb-17 18:48:24

Orchard are the best for this - greedy gorilla, ladybirds, space rocket game all fab

Swearwolf Fri 03-Feb-17 18:48:56

We loooooove the Orchard games here! Dotty dinosaurs is quite a young one, and memory games like shopping list and crazy chefs are good. My boy is now 4 and would still play those every day given half a chance.

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 03-Feb-17 18:50:10

Pigs in pants..tummy ache...

Peppapogstillonaloop Fri 03-Feb-17 19:00:09

Yes crazy chefs and shopping list. We got my son a dinosaur pairs game for Xmas he is obsessed with
I would say not elefun it's a bit crap all the things fly out in one second then you spend ages picking them up
Kerplunk is fun if he is not likely to try to eat marbles!

dylsmimi Fri 03-Feb-17 19:02:00

Spider and space rocket from orchard games
A pairs card game - we have dinosaurs where you can turn then over and match the pairs and can also use them to play snap.

MummaGiles Fri 03-Feb-17 19:02:05

Oh my god I am 32 and used to play tummy ache when I was younger. It's ace. My DS has just turned 2. I am definitely going to get that for him.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Feb-17 19:15:14

My DD had Tummy Ache for her second birthday and loved it.

SnugglySnerd Fri 03-Feb-17 19:17:39

DD has some picture snap cards from ELC. She hasn't quite got the hang of snap but she likes to spread out all the cards and match them up.

NickMarlow Fri 03-Feb-17 19:22:16

Dd is just 2 and loves orchard toys post box game and farmyard head and tails. Both have several versions to play depending on the age of the child.

Picture dominoes are good for that age too.

HughLauriesStubble Fri 03-Feb-17 19:25:40

We have an alphabet matching game from elc where you match wooden letters to cards and ds loves it. Also hungry hippos and one of those fishing games where you pick up the magnetic bits.

MumUndone Fri 03-Feb-17 20:04:31

Pizza Pizza is a good orchard toys one.

wobblywonderwoman Fri 03-Feb-17 20:06:39

Inch wincy and ladybirds are lovely ( orchard)

Mine is three and he likes operation

Love some ideas too

PorridgeAgainAbney Fri 03-Feb-17 20:13:35

The first game my son 'got' was the Hungry Caterpillar game and he was around 2.5 I think. You use a number spinner to move your food box round the board and get to fill it with fruit and picnic food if you land on the right space. First one to get to the butterfly is the winner. Really simple but we still play it now and he's almost 4.

HLBug Fri 03-Feb-17 20:41:52

Dominoes! The kind with pictures rather than spots though. My DS (2.10) loves them.

GreenGoblin0 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:42:00

Shopping list and crazy chef are good orchard games

GlitteryFluff Fri 03-Feb-17 22:53:01

Watching for ideas for my 2.5yo.
Games my Ds likes are pop up pirate, crocodile teeth game, and the monkey one where you pull the sticks out and they fall.

jumpingcold Sat 04-Feb-17 19:39:53

Thanks everyone!

Jenijena Sat 04-Feb-17 19:41:45

Not board games but at that age my son loved jigsaws, similar concentration and playing together.

Nicpem1982 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:34:44

Learning resources koala capers and raccoon rumpus are brill my dd is 2.5 and has been playing these for a while.

Also huge orchard game fans over here top ones at the moment

Where's my cupcake?
Where do I live?
Crazy chefs
Shopping list
Pigs in pants

Also not strictly a board game learning resources colour cookies and shapes cookies are really fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now