Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to take DS 6 months to out of hours doc?

(7 Posts)
whoneedswings Fri 03-Feb-17 16:57:32

After his bath I let him roll around naked on our bed a bit so he can dry off and give his skin time to breathe. I was sat with him watching him then I spotted something on the floor and bent down to pick it up. Suddenly DS crash lands on top of me, I sort of saw him rolling off the bed in slow motion but couldn't catch him. I'm 99% confident he didn't bash his head on the bedside table because there was a bottle of baby oil right on the edge that would of toppled off if he had. There was a nightie and a soft toy and he landed partly on me and with his head on that I think. I scooped him up so fast to soothe him. He cried for about half a minute then went back to playing happily on the bed (this time without me taking my eyes of him for a split second!)

I feel sick; he looks fine and can't see any marks on him but do I still need to take him to out of hours doc? Or watch him at home. I might phone 111 but with a baby they'll probably just say to bring him in anyway. Don't know what to do!!! confused

CottonSock Fri 03-Feb-17 17:00:57

I'm sure he's fine, but the Internet can't really see him

whoneedswings Fri 03-Feb-17 17:04:17

Nothing to see, that's the point! Is it worth a doctor seeing him or will they just send us away? Or is it common procedure just to do a check up anyway?

Abraiid2 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:04:48

I would just observe him for the rest of the evening. watch out for him being unusually sleepy, being sick.

Trust your instinct. 🙂

Lou2711 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:05:13

He should be fine, things like this happen to every parent. Babies are sturdier than you think

Doje Fri 03-Feb-17 17:07:15

If it was me, I would keep an eye on him and keep him awake for an hour, even if that meant delaying bedtime or nap. Any signs of concussion, take him to A&E (phoning 111 would result in this anyway).

Concussion symptoms are on NHS website.

I'm sure I was told that for anything waist height or above, then go to A&E for a little one but below that, not to worry.

whoneedswings Fri 03-Feb-17 17:09:53

He's fallen asleep on me now but he was awake and playing for a good 20 mins after the fall. I'll wake him to feed him in a minute then monitor him closely. Thank you I was panicking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now