Talk

Advanced search

Rash

(7 Posts)
RastaCat Fri 03-Feb-17 12:10:05

Hi everyone,

Just after a bit of advice; I've made an appointment with the GP but that's not until Wednesday, so if would appreciate thoughts/suggestions in the mean time.

DD, 2.3, has developed quite a rash on her bum. She has been potty training for a month and usually has a max of one accident a day, but is always changed straight away and not left in it. It started a bit over a week ago, so don't think it's a reaction to the knickers or potty, but I've changed what I clean the potty with and gone to double runs in her laundry just in case. It's on the "outside" of her bum if that makes sense, on the lower cheeks rather than in the folds as you usually see with nappy rash.

Liberal amounts of sudocrem didn't touch it. I wondered if it was fungal so tried canesten with cortisone, which has maybe improved it but hard to say. Regardless I would expect a clear improvement after two days of use.

It is definitbiy itchy, but not too bad and not getting worse.

Any ideas?

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 03-Feb-17 12:19:32

Could you visit a chemist and ask the pharmacist to have a look or advise?

RastaCat Fri 03-Feb-17 13:07:53

Hi Koala,

I thought about it, but don't they usually refuse to treat a small child without going to the GP?

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 03-Feb-17 17:23:50

I just thought maybe they could suggest something. I've taken DS to pharmacist a couple of times to check if a rash needed urgent attention or if they had a cream they could suggest. Thought maybe they could recommend something until you see the GP. Good luck!

RastaCat Fri 03-Feb-17 18:57:33

Thanks again, Koala - I took her to the chemist ad suggested. He gave us piriton to help with the itching, which is great. Said he would give a steroid cream but she's too young. A bit of relief from the itch is great though and will see us through to Wednesday.

He also gave her a lollipop for being good, so made her day!

KoalasAteMyHomework Fri 03-Feb-17 22:40:39

Ah what a lovely pharmacist! Glad they were helpful :-)

Fresh01 Fri 03-Feb-17 22:44:42

Metanium might be worth a try. You can get it in the chemist or Boots baby section. It is a bright yellow cream so put dark coloured leggings or pj bottoms over it as it can stain until it soaks in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now