Talk

Advanced search

School unkind talk

(3 Posts)
HobnobMuncher Thu 02-Feb-17 13:41:49

So, my 5yo comes home from school yesterday upset because her bf told her that her mum doesn't want her playing with her because she gets her into trouble. Another girl also told her she wasn't allowed to invite her to a party because she was excitable.
I have not been approached by school regarding any bad behaviour. They operate a traffic light system at school and she is always on green or getting stars for good behaviour. School say she is popular.
I never say anything bad about other children at school as I know it will be repeated. Is it just me? How would you deal with this? I'm inclined to ignore it but it's not the 1st time it's been mentioned and my husband wanted to speak civily to the parents to see what the problem was.
sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Feb-17 16:25:27

my husband wanted to speak civily to the parents to see what the problem was.. I would really, really advise against doing this. Firstly, you only have your DDs side of the story and she could have got things a bit mixed up. Secondly, the other children might be making it all up. Talking to other parents yourself could end up with her becoming isolated.

What I would do is ask for a meeting with her teacher, without DD being there. Our school is quite informal and they'll let you have a chat at the end of the say and sit your child in the entrance area with a book. If you want a longer meeting, it's best to book it with her teacher.

AlmaMartyr Thu 02-Feb-17 16:31:21

Don't approach the parents. Go and talk to the teacher who will be able to offer a bit of perspective. The other kids may be making it up, or your DD may have got a bit confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now