Talk

Advanced search

Waterproofs?

(8 Posts)
RastaCat Thu 02-Feb-17 12:46:50

I've just bought a pair of waterproof dungarees for my two year old. Got them two days ago and taken her out in the twice, she's had great fun splashing in puddles! However, I was surprised both days to take them off only to find that her trousers and socks were damp/wet and needed to be changed. They are the kind that pull down over wellies and then hook underneath, so the water is deafly getting through rather than under if you see what I mean. Before I complain, is this normal? Arr waterproofs supposed to keep her 100% dry or just dry enough to continue to play?

Thanks!

Phalarope Thu 02-Feb-17 12:54:56

Sounds crap. Is it through seams, or the fabric itself. Unless you've actually done full-body immersion in a particularly big puddle, I'd expect trousers and socks to stay dry. Adult waterproofs sometimes leak under pressure (eg where rucksack straps are pressing during a proper deluge on a long hike) but I don't imagine a 2 yr old is doing more than sploshing about a bit. Definitely not getting underneath?

RastaCat Thu 02-Feb-17 15:25:51

Thanks for getting back to me. 90% sure not getting underneath, but hard to be certain. I suppose if it were coming from underneath I would expect everything to be soaked, whereas it's all just rather damp. Plus it would have to get underneath the elastic part of the trousers then above the wellies that are underneath.

It was an exceptionally big puddle, so more like wading in ankle deep water, but sounds like they should still have kept her dry hmm

Juanbablo Thu 02-Feb-17 16:33:58

Ds2 has a Tresspass all in one and he's never damp underneath. I think you ought to take the waterproofs back.

RastaCat Fri 03-Feb-17 11:58:27

Thanks, Juan, I will check them out!

Haggisfish Fri 03-Feb-17 12:00:33

Aldi ones are fab imo.

Hastalapasta Fri 03-Feb-17 12:03:22

We have Didrickson, they were invaluable when we lived in the wilds of Scotland!

Nottalotta Fri 03-Feb-17 12:09:55

I got the Lidl bib and brace type trousers, and hooded jacket. Ds wears them.most days for mud and puddles, no leaks yet. I don't pit the elastic under the welly thought just tuck it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now