Talk

Advanced search

Bath time

(15 Posts)
Babasaclover Wed 01-Feb-17 03:53:57

How often do you bath your baby? On the health visitors advice I do twice a week as allegedly it dries out their skin to over wash.

What is your norm? She is 8 months old. When do I increase?

Lurlene Wed 01-Feb-17 04:19:56

When she gets dirty wink

Seriously though, mine are 6 and 2 and have only ever been bathed twice a week due to eczema, aside from the odd emergency bath following toileting accidents or vomiting. Washing hands and faces and scrubbing pen or paint off legs as required is fine.

ImYourMama Wed 01-Feb-17 04:24:45

Twice a week unless more is needed. Baby wipe under arms and around neck everyday to prevent crusty cheese grin

Nicae Wed 01-Feb-17 04:25:09

I bath my two every night, it's just part of their bed time routine.

Moonywormtailpadfootprongs Wed 01-Feb-17 04:48:06

Every night.

Haven't had an issue with her skin.
It's part of bedtime and she enjoys it... I don't as get splashed grin

Aebj Wed 01-Feb-17 04:49:36

Mine have had a bath every day when they were little. They loved water. They were also crubby kids!!! I found it quicker than trying to wet wipe them.
It became part of their bedtime routine. Bath , teeth , pjs , story , bed.
Ds 1 is now 13 . Due to sports and riding his scooter everywhere, he needs a shower every day but asking him to do so , you would think I was going to make him shower in acid !!!grin

AmeliaJack Wed 01-Feb-17 04:53:25

It's up to you.

All children are different.

My cousin baths once a week only (her kids hate washing)

My good friend's children are prone to exzema and she does every other day.

My two had a bath every night as babies and now a bath or shower every night. Never any issues with their skin and they loved it.

It's whatever works best for you.

Mol1628 Wed 01-Feb-17 05:13:12

Two or three times a week

purplefizz26 Wed 01-Feb-17 05:48:22

Always did every night from 6 months. Food and muck from playing outside was too much for wipes and the though of putting her in a clean bed unwashed didn't seem nice.
It is part of bedtime and it helps her wind down and know it's time to sleep.

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 01-Feb-17 05:52:26

Every night. Weaning is mucky, he enjoys it and it's part of his routine.

isthistoonosy Wed 01-Feb-17 06:12:02

Once a week, they have both always hated baths so we topped and tailed as needed instead. Now the older one is starting to enjoy baths and generally get grubbier so will start to try an introduce showering during the week.

clarabellski Wed 01-Feb-17 09:23:59

Every day but not because he's dirty, just because he loves the bath more than anything! He tries to climb in while his clothes are still on, and then whines when he has to get out!

Bath doesn't involve full wash every night. Just a little rummage around the important bits. Hair gets washed a couple of times a week.

Heirhelp Wed 01-Feb-17 13:58:35

I bath my 8 month old nightly. Blw is messy and she loves having baths. I normally bath with her.

liquidrevolution Wed 01-Feb-17 15:11:18

my 2.5 yr old baths every night. Its her bedtime routine. I cant remember when it started blush, I dont think it was every night from tiny baby so probably from about 8 months when I went back to work.

Babasaclover Wed 01-Feb-17 15:22:43

Thanks everyone. She is just starting to like the bath now she can sit up herself and if I splash and play with her.

She goes to sleep no problem so haven't needed it as part of bed time routine but I love the idea of bath cuddles milk and bed 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now