Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CMPA - any medicines to avoid?

(11 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:12:58

My three month old baby has silent reflux and has just been diagnosed with cows milk protein allergy. She has her second lot of vaccinations next week. Can she take calpol ? Also, I was wondering if any teething products are not suitable and which would Be best to take? Thanks for any advice.

vvviola Mon 30-Jan-17 20:16:24

I haven't come across any medication that isn't suitable for kids with CMPA (I've done my fair share of checking). Calpol is certainly fine - I've just given a dose to my sick CMPA 5yo who is asleep beside me.

It will say on the packet if there is something in the teething stuff, so just check the pack (I discovered lactose in a multivitamin I wanted to take - but it was clearly labelled)

helensburgh Mon 30-Jan-17 20:19:34

Agree my 9.month old is fine wih calpol neurofen lactulose ranitidine omeprozole sodium.chromoglycate and immunisations

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 30-Jan-17 20:22:00

My DS is fine with calpol, nurofen etc.
He did have a similar reaction to his dairy reactions when he had his vaccinations though, so I took him back to the GP who informed me that some vaccines contain egg....so my DS I almost certainly allergic to eggs as well as milk confused

juniorcakeoff Mon 30-Jan-17 20:22:06

those ashton and parsons teething powders that do jack shit used to have lactose in them

summerholsdreamin Mon 30-Jan-17 20:22:47

DS had CMPA but was fine with all medication still gutted they banned Medised

Craftycakey15 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:22:42

Ha! Yes I know that Ashton and parsons have lactose in them. My baby takes ranitidine for silent reflux. We didn't use calpol for her first round of jabs as we thought she was lactose intolerant but it's the cows milk protein she is allergic to. I was wondering if it was ok to take it next week.
So what is good for teething then?

NotAUserNumberSoNotATroll Mon 30-Jan-17 21:30:30

Not found anything yet.....DS is dairy and soya intolerant but can have calpol, nurofen, teething powders (lactulose isn't a problem) bonjela and all his 12mths jabs

ballsdeep Mon 30-Jan-17 21:33:12

My lo had cmpa and has been five with medicines. However, his silent reflux used to be horrendous if given gripe water!!

Craftycakey15 Mon 30-Jan-17 22:26:07

Oh I've been told not to use gripe water ever ! I guess I should try the calpol next week . We have just had so much grief I'm scared of upsetting her!

HughLauriesStubble Tue 31-Jan-17 00:42:02

My little one has cmpa and is also sensitive to Nurofen but not sure if the 2 are connected. Fine with calpol though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now