Talk

Advanced search

Car seat - Group 1 - what do you have and do you love it?

(16 Posts)
TheLegendOfBeans Mon 30-Jan-17 13:37:25

Exactly what it says on the tin! I'm awaybto buy a car seat for my 11mo. She's 83cm and nearly 10kg so her Cybex Aton Q is now a bit of a squeeze!

We have ISOFIX so I guess that opens up my options massively.

What ones do you have and what do you think of them?

My only caveat is that DD sleeps in the car every time and I don't want her head lolling forward. X

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 30-Jan-17 14:09:26

Bumping for traffic (pardon the pun)

Christmasbaby16 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:26:47

We have the joie 0-4, our 9 week old seems very happy in it grin

Mol1628 Mon 30-Jan-17 14:32:39

Besafe izi kid isofix. Just an all round nice seat.

Cwtchythings Mon 30-Jan-17 14:36:12

There is a facebook group called "car seat advice for mummies and daddies" which despite having a twee name, is fantastic at advising which car seat is best for your car/height and weight of your child. I've learnt loads from it. They know which seats have head loll in certain cars etc.

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 30-Jan-17 15:35:50

Ooooh thanks Cwtchy xx

IceLemonGin Mon 30-Jan-17 15:39:52

We have a Joie Stages purely because it rearfaces until 4 and it was good value. My 18mo DD is comfy and her head doesn't loll forward unlike the rubbish maxi cosi seat we had before!

annlee3817 Mon 30-Jan-17 15:47:50

We've got the Cybex sirona M2, and have had no issues with head lolling, we still have it on the most recline position and our DD is 20 months. We had the Nuna rebl before, but after reading the latest safety ratings we returned it and swapped for the sirona as it had good safety ratings on Which. We have a Joie Steadi in my parents car, it's not isofix but has a good recline on it also and goes rear facing up to 4 years.

Timetogrowup2016 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:01:22

We have the graco milestones which can recline when baby Is slerping and has extended rear facing option and lasts till 11-12 years old . Eventually converts to high back booster . Love it

JinnyManders Mon 30-Jan-17 16:08:41

An Axkid Minikid, fab seat especially if your child is high on the centile chart for weight or height. I love it and I've been through many a car seat over the years so it takes a lot for me to say that!

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 30-Jan-17 17:03:01

Jinny are you in Scandinavia? It's a good make, I know, but only available in Norway AFAIK??

savagehk Mon 30-Jan-17 17:07:04

You can buy online for delivery. My seat was from carseat.se (although a finnish site now has the one I bought - a Britax Two Way Elite - cheaper).

Ideally you want your child to rear-face and be in a harness until at least age 4. Have a look at predicted height/weight at 4 before you buy.

I also recommend the facebook group already mentioned.

JinnyManders Mon 30-Jan-17 17:07:26

No, Scotland 😃

I got it from Uberkids.com but there are a few other places who stock it too.

TheLegendOfBeans Mon 30-Jan-17 18:01:08

Thanks to everyone on this thread for their help, am going to hit up every single website mentioned here, thank you all

[blows kisses]

annlee3817 Mon 30-Jan-17 20:34:06

If you're anywhere near Milton Keynes I know a lot of people who highly rate the in car safety centre. Some friends have travelled three hours to go there for a carseat

Mol1628 Tue 31-Jan-17 06:30:27

If you're near York I'd recommend Paul Stride. They sell the axkid, among loads of others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now