Talk

Advanced search

How to help my 3 nearly 4 month old with her cold :(

(4 Posts)
leahbyrne08 Fri 27-Jan-17 14:51:25

My 3 nearly 4 month old has a horrible cold and she's started teething she's miserable with it I've got her a calpol vaporiser that you plug into the wall to help her breathing in the night but it's not working sad any advice?

MrsD28 Fri 27-Jan-17 15:29:02

Go into the bathroom, put a towel along the bottom of the door (to stop any drafts coming in) and run a hot shower or bath until the room fills with steam - just snuggle your little one in there. The steam helps to loosen any congestion and eases sore throats.

Also, have you tried Sterimar salt spray? It also helps to shift any congestion. And the Nose Frieda is good for sucking out snot.

If you are breastfeeding the best thing you can do is keep offering the breast - soothing + hydrating + antibodies.

Losgunna Fri 27-Jan-17 15:35:58

At 3 months old she can have calpol and baby ibuprofen. If she has a cold she is likely in pain so please give her these. Speak to your pharmacist and they will tell you doses etc.

Otherwise,
snufflebabe,
baby olbas in the bath and a drop or two on her bib,
one of those snot sucker bulbs you can get from boots,
plenty of fluids and rest
and of course as much cuddling as she needs.

Hope she feels better soon op, it's rotten when they're not well

leahbyrne08 Fri 27-Jan-17 15:53:24

Thanks everyone I'll try the bathroom and steam idea and I've also bought some nose drops to help clear her nose because it's blocked sad really hope this cold goes soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now