Talk

Advanced search

Books

(4 Posts)
ELIXZATHAI Fri 27-Jan-17 13:16:34

Hey there, I'm due in March and this will be my first baby. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on baby-care books? I know it's not as simple as reading it in a book and doing it but I'd like to have something to reference. Let me know! smile

DesignedForLife Fri 27-Jan-17 14:46:58

I had Penelope Leach "your baby & child and it's been really good.

savagehk Fri 27-Jan-17 14:51:09

The issue with baby books is a lot of them contradict each other. If you read them, read them with an open mind, and take the bits that work for you.
I found the Dr Sears books interesting - they take a more attachment parenting approach, which you may (or may not) like.
Try www.hive.co.uk/Product/William-Sears/The-Baby-Book--Everything-You-Need-to-Know-About-Your-Bab/20336

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 28-Jan-17 21:28:12

The problem with lots of baby books is that the advice isn't based on evidence and some of the writers haven't even had a baby.

I liked Babycalming by Caroline Deacon. This one is evidence based, is written by a Mum who is also a BFC but works equally well if you ff. Its not a how too but will help your to find a routine that suits you and your baby.

I read it before having DC2 and really wish I'd read it before having DC1.

The Dr Sears book is good too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now