Talk

Advanced search

Advice on birthday for new big sister

(3 Posts)
toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Wed 25-Jan-17 11:52:48

Hi everyone, was just looking for some advice on what to do about DD1 birthday, which is 12 days after my due date with baby2... Was actually given the same due date for DD and she went overdue so am not feeling very much like this baby will be here "on time"!

Not sure whether it would be better to have the celebration a few weeks early so she doesn't have to share the spotlight on her special day (she is BIG into birthdays at the moment), or whether it would be nice to have a special day just about DD1 after her sibling arrives which will help her to still feel special and not pushed out? Either way it will just be family and maybe two little friends so nothing strenuous, just a day of spoils and maybe a trip to the water slides... (we live in a hot country)

What would other people do? Obviously she will have a fuss made over her either way but was just unsure what to do for the best... Can't contemplate that I might be in hospital on her birthday, we'll have to overcome that hurdle if it occurs!

TIA xxxx

NuffSaidSam Wed 25-Jan-17 13:15:17

I'd postpone her birthday by a month. Have the baby and get home, let everything settle there and then have a lovely day for DD1. I'm assuming she's young enough that she doesn't know/understand exactly when her birthday is.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Wed 25-Jan-17 14:09:49

Sorry forgot to say! She will be turning 3. And indeed, has no idea when her birthday is, wanted us to celebrate it last weekend :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now