Talk

Advanced search

Reflux

(4 Posts)
leahbyrne08 Sun 22-Jan-17 18:31:27

How best to help my 3 month old keep her milk down I've got gaviscon and ranitidine but the gaviscon was making her really badly constipated so I stopped it and she's throwing her feeds up sad if I use gaviscon she's screaming with constipation if I don't she's throwing up feel like I can't win sad

user1474439326 Sun 22-Jan-17 19:10:04

Sorry no advice but didn't want to read and run. Have you been back to the docs? Changed formula? My goddaughter went on a prescription formula with reflux and it fixed it x

leahbyrne08 Sun 22-Jan-17 19:22:07

She's got cows milk protein allergy with it aswell which has been prescribed so can't change it sad

EnglebertSlaptyback Sun 22-Jan-17 19:33:55

It sounds like yours might be worse than ours was.
I didn't want to add to my dd's woes with constipation so only added gaviscon to her bedtime feed, kept her upright for 30 mins before lying her down in an angled bed.
I didn't keep on with the gaviscon as we tried the thickened formula which I think has helped.
Not sure if you can thicken the special formula you have, but the 30 mins upright time and propped up bed definitely helped.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now