Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2.5 year old does explosive wees

(6 Posts)
ElleDubloo Fri 20-Jan-17 09:23:47

Poor 2.5 year old DD has wet herself several times recently, both overnight (on average every other night) and sometimes during the day. Strange thing is, she's still in nappies - they're just not managing to absorb everything in one go! Last night she cried out for me, and when I got there, her pyjamas and bedding were completely soaked, and her nappy was full. This morning, she did another wee with a new nappy on, and some of it was absorbed into the nappy but some of it came straight out onto her clothes.

The nappies are well-fitting, size 5+ or 6 nappies (she's 15 kg), and we've tried various different brands including supermarket ones and branded ones which are advertised as "extra dry" etc.

She wees once every 2-3 hours during the day (I know this because we briefly tried to potty train recently, and quickly gave up when we realised she wasn't ready) and I feel like she just holds it in until there's so much there that it overwhelms then nappy in one go.

Any suggestions? e.g.
- is there a particularly good brand/type of nappy we can try?
- should we try potty training again?
- should we cut down on fluids before bedtime? (she only has a 200 ml cup of milk before bed, and nothing overnight, but she does eat a lot of fruit after dinner) ...

Thanks in advance!

Heirhelp Fri 20-Jan-17 13:17:59

Is she showing any signs of being ready for potty training?

ElleDubloo Fri 20-Jan-17 16:47:15

Well, I don't think she's ready for potty training, because she doesn't want to use the potty. Physically she's ready, but emotionally she's not. So the question is really just about what to do with the nappy overflowing.

Heirhelp Fri 20-Jan-17 17:14:17

Sorry I can't help! Hopefully someone else can.

Me624 Fri 20-Jan-17 17:52:40

Two nappies? My DS is much younger but his nappy always leaks at night over the top of the waistband where it tends to get a bit folded over as he sleeps on his front. I don't do it every night as it seems a bit of a waste but sometimes I put a second nappy on backwards over the top of the first one.

ImYourMama Fri 20-Jan-17 18:13:51

'Emotionally ready' for potty training?! Absolutely ridiculous.

She's 2 and a half years old, teach her to use a toilet and she won't have to cry while soaked in her own urine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now