Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Child school pick up

(5 Posts)
Janemary1976 Thu 19-Jan-17 14:01:22

Can anyone help. Although still living together XH and I are divorced with son of 6. XH can only pick up son from school on Wed but never has. His parents pick up son from school on Thur. House is up for sale so soon to be living apart but XH wants to go to court to obtain 8/6 access, I want 10/4. XH wants to pick up on Wed as part of 8/6 and his parents continue so he has two nights access in the week whereas I think one night is fair, already agreed EOW. I've now stated that from now on I will pick up son on Thur and he can pick up on Wed, only day he can.
XH is furious, threatening me with CAFCASS, solicitors, can anyone help, any experiences like this?

GreenGoblin0 Thu 19-Jan-17 16:51:26

For what reasons is your XH proposal "not fair" or in the best interests of your child?

Janemary1976 Thu 19-Jan-17 17:51:03

Because prior to pregnancy I worked full time and changed to part time to care for baby through nursery, pre school and school which enables me to take and pick up from school. XH has changed nothing, works very little but has to work four evenings. Wanted to buy me out of house, rich daddy, but I wouldn't take half, he took me to financial proceedings, barrister paid by daddy, but lost. I have enough from possible house sale to buy small house for son and I. XH wants to gain more care to reduce maintenance. Prior to estrangement, never saw son, now can't keep him away. He wants to use his parents to pick up son to claim another over night access

GreenGoblin0 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:47:55

His parents are already collecting them so another way of looking at it is that his suggestion is a continuation of the current situation. the question is how is the arrangement he is suggesting not fair on your son or not in the best interests of your son going forward? its not about what is fair on you. Its difficult but you can't let issues surrounding the dealing of the division of assets or the fact you went part time affect how you arrange the shared care of your child. if he is honestly only interested in seeing your son as much as possible to save himself some money on maintenance he will soon lose interest.

uhoh2016 Thu 19-Jan-17 22:37:37

Why can't his parents still pick him up from school on a Thursday like they always have and bring him home/you pick him up after evening meal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now