Talk

Advanced search

No appetite

(6 Posts)
Littlepig8834 Wed 18-Jan-17 16:50:04

My 18mo has no appetite at the moment, she is on amoxicillin for a chest infection but the dr didn't mention that her appetite would disappear.

I've offered all of her favourite foods but she's saying no to everything and not even having a lot of milk.

Shall I stop worrying and let her appetite return or is there anything else I can do?

PeachBellini123 Wed 18-Jan-17 18:56:02

Is she getting plenty of fluids?

Littlepig8834 Wed 18-Jan-17 20:14:13

Yeah, she's drinking water normally, in fact maybe a little more than usual. She's off her milk a little, she usually finishes it all before bed but she didn't tonight.

She did nibble some dry cereal after I posted earlier so that's a positive!!

Heirhelp Wed 18-Jan-17 20:21:02

With a chest infection she is probably feeling rubbish.

Her body will be using its energy to fight off the infection rather than digesting food. Just often small amounts of foods that she like regularly and as long as she is drinking don't worry about it.

Littlepig8834 Sat 21-Jan-17 00:47:14

Thanks all, she ate some porridge today which is an improvement!

Still a bit sicky but according to the drs that's a common side effect of the antibiotics she's on.

Quarksoundslikequack Sat 21-Jan-17 01:25:46

Funnily enough, I'm on amoxicillin for a chest infection too.

My appetite was rubbish but my fluid levels increased....try & get her to eat little & often & keep the fluids up....once it starts to ease off, she'll start eating again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now