Talk

Advanced search

18 month old still getting up for milk!

(7 Posts)
carterrw15 Wed 18-Jan-17 08:22:17

Hi everyone.

Does anyone have any tips on getting my son off milk in the night. He still gets up for 1-2 bottles every night. He has half a bottle before bed which obviously I don't mind but does he really need to still be getting up for milk? He has plenty to eat through the day so I can't see him being hungry in the night.

What is the best way to go about it without unsettling him too much?

Tia xxxx

c737 Wed 18-Jan-17 13:13:53

No advice sorry but watching with interest as my 16 month old is exactly the same.

eurochick Wed 18-Jan-17 13:15:21

Ours just stopped wanting milk by herself around 18-19 months. Don't give up hope!

mouldycheesefan Wed 18-Jan-17 13:19:42

Only give water at night. Yes they will cry. But nighttime is sleep time not eating time. May take a few nights to break the habit so do it when you can bear a few sleepless nights.

Cosmicglitterpug Wed 18-Jan-17 13:24:18

DD2 did this until 22 months. shock.
I could have tried (should have really) to just give water but I always felt broken at 3.30 am. It will stop it try watering the milk down and giving less. (Advice I read but didnt take).

NickyEds Wed 18-Jan-17 13:27:28

Just stop. No more bottles and no more milk in the night, just offer water. He'll get used to it in no time.

carterrw15 Wed 18-Jan-17 15:10:56

Thanks guys!
I wasn't sure if he would eventually stop on his own as I thought he would just get used to it. I dream about the day when he will sleep through... which hasn't happened yet! Haha xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now