Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best car seat for 7 month old

(7 Posts)
HappyGirly10 Mon 16-Jan-17 15:13:20

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some advice on the best car seat to get for my almost 7 month old. He is a big baby, 1st 9lb and tall. We are keen on extended rear facing and also want a comfortable car seat for him.

He is going to be looked after by two sets of grandparents as well as me and DH meaning 4 different cars. Would be ideal to have a car seat that easily transfers.

Thanks, feel overwhelmed by all the options!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 16-Jan-17 15:14:17

We have a besafe izi modular. Have a look on the Securatot website, they are very helpful.

welshweasel Mon 16-Jan-17 15:16:09

We got a joie every stage. Light and very easy to move between cars, which is why we went for it. Does them from birth to 12 so potentially never need to buy another seat. We've only had it a month but I'm very impressed with it.

HappyGirly10 Mon 16-Jan-17 15:20:01

Thank you both! Does the joie have a isofix base? Is that easy to transfer between cars?

welshweasel Mon 16-Jan-17 15:35:38

No it fits with a seatbelt, in a very similar way to an infant seat. I thought it would be annoying but you can pull the seatbelt down out of the way to load the child! Isofix bases are a pain to lug between cars and a lot of the seatbelt installed ones require tether straps to the front seat, which the every stage doesn't, so it's very quick to move.

welshweasel Mon 16-Jan-17 15:37:40

Pics should show what I mean about the seatbelt!

HappyGirly10 Mon 16-Jan-17 19:14:31

That looks great. Thanks so much for your advice. Think we will go for that now. 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now