Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Indoor activities for 14 month old

(7 Posts)
kelj2 Mon 16-Jan-17 07:49:06

Just after some different indoor activities for my 14 month old. We are having a heat wave where we live and it's way too hot to do anything other than stay indoors in air con. I'm getting bored and little one is getting bored. We've read lots of books. She's not into tv and we've tried blocks and puzzles but she just throws the blocks everywhere and gets sick of the puzzles very quickly.

Timefor2 Mon 16-Jan-17 07:58:46

That age is hard, their concentration is so limited! Books were our saviour too. Any interest in colouring yet? I remember they mainly prefer to lob the crayons around but it might fill ten minutes!

ByTheNine Mon 16-Jan-17 08:03:32

Bowl of water in the bath and a lot of plastic things to "wash up".
Emptying the washing machine/sock drawer/cd rack.

kelj2 Mon 16-Jan-17 09:35:36

Timefor2 I've tried colouring but the pens/pencils are really fun to put in our mouth and chew so that activity has been banned until she's a little older

ByTheNine that's a great idea! We're actually moving in 2 weeks so I can get her to help me pack some things into boxes

bananaleaves Mon 16-Jan-17 12:48:38

Boxes of random but safe crap for her to unpack. A box full of Tupperware and plastic spoons etc keeps mine entertained for a while for example!

Scotinoz Mon 16-Jan-17 19:58:25

On 40degree days, I used to stick a couple of those polythene painting dust sheets down and do messy stuff. Painting, whizz up a load of dish soap a little water and some cornflour to give really thick foam, cooked spaghetti, freeze random crap (little toys, glitter, bit of fruit etc) in bun tins then smash them with a toy hammer/wait for them to melt, kinetic sand/regular sand, trays of water and various things to play with, washing dolls/toys etc all went down well. The beauty of the dust sheets was I could just scoop it all up and dump it, then scrub down the children 😀

Getnakedorgohome Mon 16-Jan-17 20:07:11

Finger painting? Make playdough (salt, flour and oil and food colouring). Salt, flour, oats and glitter to make powder to pour and draw in. Make cookie dough and let her cut out shapes then bake them and decorate them with sweets?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now