Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS is having a Peter Rabbit party on Sunday. Suggestions please.

(19 Posts)
Spidermama Fri 23-Feb-07 12:02:07

So far we're making rabbit ears for the 16 or so guests, and DH is going to dress up as Mr MacGregor and chase them round the house with a hoe. I think I'll put a few plant pots in the house and gardening type stuff.

Any other ideas about how to make it rabbitty and like Mr Macgrego's garden would be most welcome.

motherinferior Fri 23-Feb-07 12:03:43

Lettuce sandwiches. Carrots. Carrot-shaped (triangular with orange icing) biscuits?? Carrot cake?

It sounds utterly fabulous and I want to come!

Spidermama Fri 23-Feb-07 12:04:03

He's going to be 5 btw and he has invited mainly girls and 2-3 boys.

I'm trying to work out a cake too. A rabbit cake might be a bit tricky.

Miaou Fri 23-Feb-07 12:04:26

I would put a couple of whole lettuces on the table as "decoration" (which they can all nick bits off if they want!!)

How totally excellent, what a refreshing change from star wars and yu-gi-oh

Do you want party games ideas?

Spidermama Fri 23-Feb-07 12:04:28

Carrot cake. Of course.

motherinferior Fri 23-Feb-07 12:04:32

Carrot cake!

Spidermama Fri 23-Feb-07 12:05:21

Yes please for games ideas Miaou.
I love 'See the little bunny rabbits' but they migh be offended as it's a bit pre-schooly.

motherinferior Fri 23-Feb-07 12:05:26

Pin the tail on the rabbit.

Sleeping rabbits.

Bouncing rabbits who have to stop when the music does.

littlelapin Fri 23-Feb-07 12:05:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Miaou Fri 23-Feb-07 12:06:33

Games - hunt the carrot - hide lots of (paper or real) carrots all over the house and give a prize to the child who finds the most (put children in pairs if you have too many)

Miaou Fri 23-Feb-07 12:07:32

And of course you have to sing "Peter Rabbit had a fly upon his nose"

I shouldn't worry about songs being too young - IME kids of that age love a good sing regardless

KathyMCMLXXII Fri 23-Feb-07 12:10:13

Rabbit pie?

Blackberries and cream apposite but out of season.

LOve the idea, think it's genius!

KathyMCMLXXII Fri 23-Feb-07 12:11:00

Oh I know - obstacle course where they have to crawl under a net, jump across a pond, and round some raspberry canes etc!

motherinferior Fri 23-Feb-07 12:11:31

And of course you have to explain, before playing Sleeping Rabbits, that lettuce is Very Soporific.

LIZS Fri 23-Feb-07 12:13:12

Rabbit shaped jelly . How about a garden cake - oblong shaped cake, choc butter icing, scored into furrows, sprinkle dessicated coconut coloured green for grass, scarecrow/rabbit figures(from farm set ?) and plant marzipan carrot shapes, icing flowers etc.

Pin the tail/ears on the rabbit. Bury a carrot or radish in tray of sand/sawdust then the kids have little name flags to try to guess where it is - nearest wins. Hunt the button (from Peter's jacket ) or a scavenger hunt to collect a carrot , radish, button, shoe etc

Spidermama Fri 23-Feb-07 12:22:34

Some great ideas here. God I love MN. You've all planned the party for me in the time it takes to change a nasty nappy.

I love the obstacle course idea. I may get forzen blackberries and make bread and butter pudding for the Flopsys and Mopsies.

LIZ I love your cake idea.

Spidermama Fri 23-Feb-07 12:22:58

They can all have camomile tea to bring them down at the end too.

southeastastra Fri 23-Feb-07 12:27:02

oh it sounds lovely

LIZS Sun 25-Feb-07 17:26:51

how did it go ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now