Talk

Advanced search

Twins hair pulling

(4 Posts)
cookieswirls Sat 14-Jan-17 11:37:03

My dts have started pulling each other's hair! I know they are not doing it to be spiteful but I know it hurts the other when they do it. How can I tell them no as at the moment I say no in a stern voice and move them apart only for it to happen again minutes later. They are 11 months old

NuffSaidSam Sat 14-Jan-17 17:15:40

There's not much you can do beyond what you are doing tbh. It just takes a long time to sink in.

Say 'NO! That hurts! Ouch!' and move away.

Model gentle behaviour. Stroke their hair and say 'gentle' or something along those lines. Praise them ('ahh good girl, that's so gentle, well done!!') when they do it like you've shown them.

Maybe sit them an arm length apart and try make sure their hands are busy with something else.

Just wait it for it to pass! It won't be long before they're pulling hair to hurt each other!

BratFarrarsPony Sat 14-Jan-17 17:19:55

oh my twins used to do that....
Just say no and move their hands....

AmeliaJack Sat 14-Jan-17 17:21:32

Mine used to bite each other, I found it very distressing but it's quite common.

As Nuff said, touch their hair and say very firm "no hair pulling", move the offended one away and comfort the hurt one.

It takes a lot of repetition but they get it eventually.

I got a lot of stick from my friends about it when they saw bite marks on my children "why are you allowing them to do that?"

Allowing them? confused

They are 9yo now and love each other dearly they are in equal measures appalled and amused that they used to bite each other.

It stopped when they started to speak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now