Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed...

(3 Posts)
iLoveCoffeeAndChocolate2017 Fri 13-Jan-17 17:42:32

My son has told me that the friends he has had in school since he started Y7 have all decided to group together and unfriend/bully him. This includes two boys who previously weren't friends, but have now joined forces to exclude my son from their social group. They undermine everything he says/does, and have even managed to turn his friends that go to another school against him- this is happening at school and also when he goes on his Xbox when he gets home. One of them seems to be determined to be the self elected 'head' of this group, and pretends to be nice to my son, whilst causing him trouble behind his back- and what also troubles me is that this kid smiles and waves at me at pick up time- knowing he's stirring trouble for my boy confused (he's even following me on Instagram)... And the kid he's teamed up with has a history of being a heavy handed bully.
I've advised my son to ignore it all and make new friends.... But I worry these kids will just keep causing him trouble. Any advice appreciated, I'm tempted to approach the parents- but I know the mums- and their children can do no wrong in their eyes hmm

Hassled Fri 13-Jan-17 17:48:27

No, you can't contact the parents at this age and you should block the instagram thing - the kid's almost certainly just looking for ammunition. What you can do is talk to the school - see if there's an anti-bullying policy on their website (there should be one) to give you some guidance. Hopefully they'll get bored soon and move on - telling your DS to ignore them is good advice. I do feel for you - it's a horrible thing to go through.

iLoveCoffeeAndChocolate2017 Fri 13-Jan-17 18:08:59

Thank you, I'll check with the school next week- and see if they've noticed anything- and what their policies are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now