Talk

Advanced search

So cross at d/d1 for cheeky attitude because i was a little late to collect her from after school club

(6 Posts)
rolloneaster Thu 22-Feb-07 17:22:02

Not sure if this is right topic but really told my d/d1 off for attitude infront of other mums at being late to collect her. We live a long way from school. I told her off and she cried and said sorry. Ireally shouted at her . it is forgotten about now. and we are all friends again but have i done right in making her feel so bad. Feeling bad now stress of getting there and other stuff i overreacted. she said she was trying to be funny and she was sorry. I am turning her into a pleaser like i was . feel rotten now

mytwopenceworth Thu 22-Feb-07 17:23:50

dont. we all do it. she had every right to be cross at you being late, but no right to be rude (very rude) esp in front of people.

what did she say to you?

rolloneaster Thu 22-Feb-07 17:43:17

In a really put on voice "What time do you call this or what kept you?" I was just so shocked she is only 5 it is a sports club she only goes once a week and loves it. I made her feel guilty i work hard to be able to send you here etc.... i turned into my mother i suppose and that's what i am embarrassed about.

colditz Thu 22-Feb-07 17:51:27

Well, everyone has different ideas of how they expect to be spoken to. If you would normally allow her to speak to you like that, but told her off because of the other mums, then I think that's unfair.

however, if she isn't allowed to speak to you like that full stop, I think it's right that you told her off.

rolloneaster Thu 22-Feb-07 17:58:23

no i don't allow her to speak to me like that. but i was embarrassed infront of other mums. I'll not deny that. i told her off when we got into the car. To be honest not many people heard her i was just so shocked as it not like her. Some kids behave that way i don't know if she was copying someone. who knows it's over with now.

colditz Thu 22-Feb-07 18:04:42

I don't think you have done anything bad, please don't feel guilty. I think children this age do tend to show off in front of other people, it's very normal, you haven't done anything to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now