Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Going back to the sleepless nights!

(2 Posts)
Reiltin Wed 11-Jan-17 19:11:15

Hi! We have two amazing kids, 3.5 and 1.3, and are trying for a third and final. What I'm most concerned about is going back to the sleepless nights. We're in an unusual situation, in that I had our first kid and my wife had our second. They co-sleep so it really been about 3 years since I've had that complete sleep deprived feeling. And I didn't have 2 older kids to deal with at the same time. They're both in nursery 5 mornings so I'd get a break then. But my question is, how did ye deal with going back to the sleepless nights?

KatyN Thu 12-Jan-17 06:48:57

I've got 4 year between my children so I was used to getting a full nights sleep before the baby came along. I made a rule that we had an hour of quiet time after lunch with the big one which meant I normally napped on the sofa. I'm now through to the other side as the baby is 1.
It was fine. I found pregnant with a 3 year old hard because I was so immobile and achey so actually once the baby was out it became much easier.
Good luck! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: