Talk

Advanced search

One rule for one...

(9 Posts)
GizmoFrisby Tue 10-Jan-17 06:53:03

Do you take it in turns to get up with you children. For example, today me and dp are both off as I have to attend a goal app. My dd was up twice in the night then protested to want to get up at 4.20. It was my job to get up in night and my job to get up at 4.20. I didn't want to leave her shouting because she would of woke my ds up. At the weekend my dp says oh u get up if she wakes up early i.e. 4am and he will get up in night however somehow it's all become my responsibility. He then said what time do we need to set off to hospital, I said 8.40 and he replied wake me up at 8am then. I feel like telling him he's a joke however am already anxious today and think I feel it may cause an argument. Am I over reacting blush

Believeitornot Tue 10-Jan-17 06:58:50

I get up more but will tell DH to get up if I'm really tired.

If I were you I'd lay this out for your dp at a time when you're not so tired. And then remind him. If it causes an argument, so be it.

GizmoFrisby Tue 10-Jan-17 07:01:09

Yes I think your right. I will keep my cool smile

GizmoFrisby Tue 10-Jan-17 07:03:10

Hospital app not goal app

PetalMettle Tue 10-Jan-17 07:05:04

I do all the get ups as if he's yelling it's because he wants boob

MrsGB2015 Tue 10-Jan-17 07:07:10

We take it in turns to get up at the weekend, but any night wakings in the night I deal with. The monitor is my side so I wake up faster (and my DH pretends to be asleep)

playmobilpeacock Tue 10-Jan-17 07:12:25

You need to work out what's fair for you both, trying to see where both of you get a bit of rest.

I get up in the night from Sunday to Friday as DH works long hours. He gets up on Saturday nights and both weekend mornings.

This way he is rested through the week for work and I get one night unbroken sleep. I also get a lie in at the weekend because DH is a morning person and would be up anyway.

My friends tend to take turns with the weekend lie in.

Anyway you look at it your DP needs to help more.

GizmoFrisby Tue 10-Jan-17 07:53:59

playmobil

I want your life grin

Pipsicola Tue 10-Jan-17 18:39:49

It does need to be shared but might not always be equally. I breastfed so did most get ups in the early months but even then DH would help out when he could. As I wasn't at work I took on more responsibility generally as didn't necessarily have to function on all cylinders the next day. Now we are both at work I would say it should be shared out between us.

I'd say worth a chat explaining how you are feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now