Talk

Advanced search

14m old chucking food on the floor

(4 Posts)
poghogger Mon 09-Jan-17 17:55:14

I know this is normal and I pretty much ignore it, and if she's eaten a fair bit I presume she's done so I take her out the high chair. But the fact is she rarely rarely eats much so it stresses me out that she immediately chucks it on the floor. If I get her out then hand her a bit of sausage for instance she'll eat it..but obviously I don't want to get into that habit, I want her to eat in the chair! But I just wanted to test whether she was actually hungry which she clearly is!

She doesn't sleep well and I'm worried the not eating is linked.
Any tips? I'm finding dinner and lunch times VERY tedious at the moment.

Vinorosso74 Mon 09-Jan-17 18:38:32

Have you tried one of those boosters you put onto a normal chair? She might prefer sitting on there.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 09-Jan-17 19:23:04

Not got much advice sorry. Just wondered if you eat at the same time as her? Now she's one, have you tried her with a little table and chairs for the odd meal or just a carpet picnic for you both? Sometimes just a little change can help to break behaviour when it seems to be getting habititual smile

poghogger Mon 09-Jan-17 19:55:23

Thanks for the suggestions, interestingly I gave her dinner in the dining room rather than the kitchen today (the kitchen floor is wipe clean which is normally why I do it in there grin) for a change and she still chucked it on the floor almost immediately.
Might try a booster seat or small table and chairs though, thanks, I'll see if anyone's selling any on fb/ebay!

I am guilty of cleaning the kitchen while she eats but do talk to her while I do it. I will try and sit and eat something with her from now on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now