Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I Love My DD. Just wanted to say it aloud...

(35 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 09:56:58

Thats it. My DD is 7.5 months old, currently lying in her travel cot dozing off.

I love her. I love her. I love her.

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 09:59:50

OK, she is now crying as she is tired, hungry, too hungry to eat. She is still scrummy. I love her. Still.

belgo Thu 22-Feb-07 10:00:34

nailpolish Thu 22-Feb-07 10:00:34

ooh i love that age

even when they cry

Dophus Thu 22-Feb-07 10:01:33

My DS1 id 2yo - I love him so much it hurts!

I have another on the way and I don 't know if I have any spare love to give - surely love is abosolute rather than infinite.

belgo Thu 22-Feb-07 10:02:51

dophus - love is infinate. You will have plenty for your second child.

Sparkler1 Thu 22-Feb-07 10:04:13

Ah what a lovely thread. My dds are much older, 7 and 5. I love them so much it hurts (even when they are naughty and they drive me up the wall!)
I always tell them "I love you when you are happy, I love you when you are sad, I love you when you are good and I love you when you are bad".

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 10:05:21

Grats on your new one Dophus...!

I never knew I would feel this way. It helps me out of so many bad moods!

KathyMCMLXXII Thu 22-Feb-07 10:06:34

Oh God, I adore my 2 month ds so much.... and to think I didn't really take to him much when he was born because he made my nipples bleed and looked like Gollum

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 10:07:42

Sparkler...I am glad it lasts, worry sometimes that it will just become another emotion...

I could spend all day doing nothing but watching my DD, playing, making her laugh.

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 10:08:05

LOL Kathy!!!

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 10:28:55

Not sure if I told everyone how much I love my Little gorgeous Poppit...
well, in case you don't know.

I Love her. All of her. She is asleep. I love that. She has her legs up in the air. I love that.

KathyMCMLXXII Thu 22-Feb-07 10:32:08

Do you love her ears, nose, mouth, eyes, fingers, toes, legs, arms and little fat tummy by any chance, Pavlov?

And do you love her when she's asleep and when she's awake?

Aloha Thu 22-Feb-07 10:33:17

Everyone feels that like Dolphus....and we all discover we are quite wrong!

Flower3554 Thu 22-Feb-07 10:37:30

A clever mw reassured me when I was giving birth to my second and I voiced the dread thought "I'll never be able to love this one as much as my dd1"

She said "think of love as magic elastic, it will stretch for as long as you need it to and beyond"

She was so right

KathyMCMLXXII Thu 22-Feb-07 10:39:51

Anyone remember the bit in the Simpsons where Marge tells Homer she is pregnant with Lisa and says 'There's going to be twice as much love in this house.' Always brings a tear to my eye.
(FFS! The Simpsons! I should not be crying at the Simpsons!!!)

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 10:42:10

Kathy I am concerned about you already...
Yes I love when she is awake and asleep, I even love her when she bites me when feeding (new teeth)...that is true love...

KathyMCMLXXII Thu 22-Feb-07 10:44:17

Ha Pavlov, I knew it!

PaganMum Thu 22-Feb-07 10:52:03

I love it when my ds is naughty and he knows it and looks at me the whole time. I can barely tell him off. Can't wait to have another.

I always cry at that simpsons bit too!

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 11:27:46

I love the way her face wrinkles just before she yells...I love the sound she makes when laughs so hard she cant stop. I love the raspberry noises she makes when she goes to sleep.
I love the fact that she loves to sneeze (just did it).

Dophus Thu 22-Feb-07 13:28:06

I love the way he sleeps with his bum in the air.

I love the way he collapses ont he floor and buries his face in his hands when he has a tantrum.

I loe the way he saqy 'hiya man' to every man int he supermarket he passes

I love the way he say 'hiya Bob' to any man in a hard hat.

I love the way he runs down the corridor giggling with no clothes on after a bath (that little fat bum is so cute!)

I loe the way he squeezes me when he cuddles.

I love the way he says 'Mummy do x too' whenever he has to do something.

I love the way he draws a squiggle on a page, burst out laughing and says 'dinosaur'.

I love the way he raises his eyebrows out me Roger Moore style (the things we teach our children to do .

You've all convinced me that there is anough love to go round. What, however, if the next one is horrid. Everyone told me hhow hard babies are, how terrible the terrible twos are etc etc. It has all been 100% wonderful becase DS1 is so perfect. If we go on Chaos theory then for all chaos there had to be some order. What if for all perfection there has to be some horridness.

I remember a friend telling me that for each month, age you think that it can't get any better - your child has reached the perfect age. However it does. I keep thinking that being a mother can't be any more wonderful, but it justs keeps on getting more wonderful, she was right!

p.s. - did I mention how much I love him?!

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 13:59:32

Dophus - I love your DS too, he sounds wonderful.

I love:
The little quiff of hair that has grown longer than the rest and sits on the middle of her forehead.

The way she curls her hands up slightly when she sleeps, like she is holding the most important thing in the world.

The way she gets excited when she sees the pussycats

That she has just learnt to play peek-a-boo when in her cot, squats down, jumps up, squeals.

The way she kicks the living bells out of the water when she has a bath, squealing.

How she 'chews' her food.

the sound 'nnn-ge' that she makes when she laughs and laughs.

Oh I could go on forever.

And Dophus, you did tell me you love him, but best say it again just in case eh?

NotanOtter Thu 22-Feb-07 14:02:38

why do they have to grow up ?

KathyMCMLXXII Thu 22-Feb-07 14:02:44

4 hours on from the OP and you still love her

Pavlovthecat Thu 22-Feb-07 14:09:39

Kathy - I love her even more, as she has been asleep for 3 HOURS!! The kitchen has been tidied, the duvet washed, baby clothes tumnble dried, I have cooked LO's lunch which she slept through AND I have been able to talk on MN!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now