Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Struggling and need to moan

(9 Posts)
mrsfredweasley Sun 08-Jan-17 22:55:03

DD is nearly 6 weeks and we've had a rough start. She was ELCS due to previous EMCS with DS. Then a week later we spent 3 days in hospital as it turns out she has CMPA, which started with bloody diarrhoea and green vomit. The following week I went back to hospital with an infected CS wound. Then a few days later, I dislocated my knee for the 16th time but this time managed to damage the cartilage so it's not healed; I can barely walk and definitely can't bend my leg, so no kneeling or sitting on the floor, and I can't even lie on my tummy. Had a MRI for that so have to wait for the results which will probably end in knee surgery. This is great because it means it'll be fixed but also not great because obviously small baby!

So after all this shit, turns out that DD also has colic as she's been screaming all evening for the past few and I'm sodding exhausted.

I just feel we've dealt with enough for a little while. I'm not enjoying right now and I really wish I could. I feel so low and just need a good moan and a good cry.

seven201 Sun 08-Jan-17 23:34:51

Oh god that sounds horrendous!

Are you sure it's just colic? What's going on with the cmpa, (my daughter has it too)? Apologies if you already know all of this, but just in case:
1- lots of cmpa babies have silent reflux which is obviously painful and causes screaming
2 - cmpa babies are often allergic/intolerant to other food too, soya is a very common one.
3 a have you cut out all milk products, assuming you're breast feeding? It can take 6 weeks to fully get out of your system. Or if bottle feeding which one? I think Neocate is meant to be the one with no protein or the least, but it's expensive so gp's don't like prescribing it.
Could any of this be causing some of the colic type screaming?
Ranitidine (for silent reflux), me cutting out all milk and giving nutramigen (1 formula bottle a day) is what really helped for us.

mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 03:18:41

I didn't know most of that, to be honest so thank you. We're generally just winging it at the mo!! DS was a walk in the park so we're not used to these hard work babies.

I made the decision to not bf after finding out about CMPA as dairy is my weakness blush she's on nutramigen and seems to be doing pretty well. I'll definitely have a look into ranitidine though.

The reason I thought it could be colic is because it doesn't tend to happen when she's feeding. She screams and scrunches up her body at the same time each evening so did some googling. Will check out silent reflux, thank you!

seven201 Mon 09-Jan-17 03:26:04

I completely understand the choice to bottle feed - I miss dairy milk sooooo much!

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a4858955/infantsilentt_reflux...
That's a really good page for explaining silent reflux

Is he windy? My dd is ridiculously windy and needs lots of tummy massage otherwise she is a very unhappy screamy baby.

We also give baby probiotics (biogaia off Amazon) as recommended by an osteopath.

There's a great cmpa Facebook group. You should definitely join. It might be you need to change to the purer formula. Are you under a paediatrician or dietician at all? I think it might be worth an appointment at least to your gp.

seven201 Mon 09-Jan-17 03:26:40

Apologies, I meant daughter, not son!

Heirhelp Mon 09-Jan-17 12:41:13

That is so much to deal with! I have no advice.

mrsfredweasley Mon 09-Jan-17 14:17:44

Heirhelp It has been a bit shit. I just needed a place to whinge really. This too shall pass!

user1497254134 Mon 12-Jun-17 09:35:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Caramcg Mon 12-Jun-17 14:11:04

Hi I am new here! Struggling with newborn baby boy. Already have a five year old girl and forgot how hard it was. He is 6 weeks and quite demanding. Feel a bit isolated and stuck in house all day. Anyone have any wisdom to share or just reassurance that things will get better 😬

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now