Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Concerned about kids sexual behaviour

(8 Posts)
bananasmoothie Wed 21-Feb-07 22:33:29

My boys aged 8 and 6 stay with their dad, his girlfriend and her two sons (10 and 14) every other weekend.

My boys get on great with her boys.

Problem - Very recently my 6 year old has been coming out with quite a few sexual comments and phrases like "shagger" etc, he says he got the words from kids at school...

I let it go.

Tonight he jumped on top of my 8 year old and started bobbing up and down on him, I said "what are you doing??" and he replied "having sex". Remember - he's 6.

I got cross and asked where he'd heard and seen that and he said "at dads". I asked him if his dad had said it and he said it wasn't him, it was the 10 year old boy. My 8 year old then said the boy had done it to him too, said he was having sex and started jumping up and down on him.

What do I do? am I blowing it out of proportion? is this just kids 'experimenting'? due to past experiences as a child I'm extremely sensitive to this kind of thing so maybe I'm over-reacting?

Thing is, this woman strongly dislikes me! she hates me being anywhere near my ex for some mad reason and she has recently started firing the odd "snipe" my way when she see's me, if I mention this she will probably go nuts but I'm not sure I should let it lie...?

Please help...

CountessDaveula Wed 21-Feb-07 22:38:57

oh ffs bananasmoothie

your trolling is really getting out of control and it is DULL

bananasmoothie Wed 21-Feb-07 22:52:29

what the hell are you talking about?? for gods sake

lockets Wed 21-Feb-07 22:55:17

Message withdrawn

NotanOtter Wed 21-Feb-07 22:57:46

i would be horrified and worried that those words would come out at school

scatterbrain Wed 21-Feb-07 22:58:33

Sounds fairly normal to me !!

My friend used to work in a boarding prep school and she said the boys were always jumping on each other and they called it "sexing each other" !

I don't suppose they actually know what sex is - they will just be copying each other !

I would keep an eye on the behaviour and if it doesn't get any worse not worry about it. If they start acting out anything more explicit I think questions would need asking !

scatterbrain Wed 21-Feb-07 23:00:04

Oh forgot to say - I'd just tell them it's not nice to use words like that !

wotzsaname Wed 21-Feb-07 23:07:29

Probably seen it on TV soap. TV is getting worse. Just copy cat behavoiur, trying to big it up infront of younger ones.

Talk to your boys to make sure they are comfortable about staying over. I have sensitve conversations with my dds while doing a simple thing like washing up so they dont have to have eye contact and get embarised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now