Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks - Dummy

(2 Posts)
elliej83 Sun 08-Jan-17 08:16:30

My 11 week old has had a dummy from about 3 weeks. Emergencies only. I've probably used it about 4 times from 3 - 8 weeks when he really wouldn't settle and the dummy seemed to being him comfort.
Over Christmas my husband has given him a dummy pretty much after every feed and during every nap. Personally I don't think he needed it and voiced that but I didn't really want to get in to an argument over Christmas.
The problem now is he wants the dummy all the time but he isn't very good at keeping it in. I was up all night last night because he kept crying out when it fell out and he gets upset in the day without it too now. Neither of us got any sleep and he is slee through now expect the dummy. Is it possible to wean him off it this young? How do I do that? Or do I just have to keep giving it him now x

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 10-Jan-17 21:56:55

Think your DH needs to be the one who gives it to him at night at least. Could you move the crib to his side of the bed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now