Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Sharing a room with newborn and toddler

(4 Posts)
eatingforonemore Sat 07-Jan-17 23:42:54

Taken a bit of a hit financially with work and I just can't afford to live in our rented flat anymore. My mum has offered to let us move in with her but she only has one spare room and it's not very big. I would need to share a bed with my daughter while nb sleeps in cosleeper crib next to the bed then I'm not sure if I would be able to even fit a cot in the room even if it was an IKEA one used to add space on the bed and continue to cosleep😓

Feel like I've fallen into a huge hole I'm not getting back out of and have been well and truly struggling to get by even missing dinner to feed my toddler and walking everywhere instead of using the car.

Am I crazy to move into a 10ftx7ft room with two kids

RNBrie Sat 07-Jan-17 23:47:59

Yeah it's crazy but that doesn't mean it won't work. What's important now is that your kids are surrounded by love and care, not what size their room is. My experience of having dc share is that they get used to the noises each other make (although they share with each other, not me!!)

Do it. Get back on your feet financially.

Starlight2345 Sat 07-Jan-17 23:51:33

Yes it will be a squash however..It sounds like it is the best for you all short term...Missing meals is not good are you breastfeeding or pregnant still as baby needs food.

FourToTheFloor Sat 07-Jan-17 23:51:53

Do it. You will be fine in one room and assuming your dm is helpful then it could be good for you.

I know it's not ideal though, but skipping meals to feed your dc isn't either flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now