Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to put a muzzle on her!?

(3 Posts)
rainbowflamingo Sat 07-Jan-17 21:30:21

Okay so it's not as bad as it sounds I have two step children who We look after every weekend and most holidays and 3 children of my own. My first born 6yo DD chews and messes with everything!! (During the week she sleeps in her sisters room just to keep apart from her younger sister and it makes bedtime So much easier) so in the last 3 days alone she has messed with god knows what and put her dirty finger marks all over a fresh white wall in the bedroom. Yesterday she got all of the body shop stuff my sd got for her birthday and to be honest I don't even know what she did with it.... 4 post are empty and 2 are mixed in together. And then today she's taken a necklace what my sd got given last year from her mum for her birthday and chewed it, it's totally broken and then tired to hide it in the bed. I'm literally at my wits end! It's all the time she chews and has to mess with everything. My problem is my sd if going to be upset when she finds her necklace isn't fixable (me and her dad will replace it for her tomorrow) but how do I punish my dd? I think a muzzle sounds great at the moment!

SocksRock Sat 07-Jan-17 21:36:58

Could you buy her something specifically for chewing? It can be a sensory thing, so if you provide safe stuff then she might leave other stuff alone. There are websites on google that have chew toys specifically for kids, necklaces and bangles.

SocksRock Sat 07-Jan-17 21:38:12

As for punishment, can she do chores to earn the money to replace the necklace? 6 should be old enough for basic stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now