Talk

Advanced search

Buggyboards

(8 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Sat 07-Jan-17 13:51:52

I know this has been done before, but can't find a recent thread (maybe not looking hard enough, so apologies if that's the case!)
DD2 is due in a couple of months, DD1 will be 2 years 9 months. She refuses to go in a pushchair, so definitely don't need to buy a double buggy.
I'm looking at getting a buggy board so she has another option to walking. We have various slings also.
Buggyboard now do a seat attachment, does anyone have this? Is it worth getting. Review I can find are rather mixed! It doesn't look overly comfortable. Having a seat seems a good idea though.

2ducks2ducklings Sat 07-Jan-17 14:13:41

It's been many years since we had to use one of these so there have probably been many advancements in their design. While they we're useful for the older child, they were bloody horrible for the parents. My shins now have permanent debts in them from the billions of times I banged them against the bugger. And they hurt your back because you have to bend over so far while pushing the pushchair to try to prevent the aforementioned damage to your shins.

Cranb0rne Sun 08-Jan-17 09:56:09

We bought a buggy board but didn't use it once. My son was the same age as your child when the baby arrived and was happy to walk everywhere. I don't know about the seats, but I wish I hadn't wasted 60 quid on the buggy board.

BurnTheBlackSuit Sun 08-Jan-17 09:59:05

Back in the day, I found it very useful with same kind of age gap as you. If you keep it in good condition, keep all packaging and instructions and don't cut the connecting bits, they have very good resale value on eBay.

SquedgieBeckenheim Sun 08-Jan-17 10:28:02

Thanks for the opinions!
DD1 does walk pretty much everywhere, but does tire after a while. Where we live there's no parking in town so it's a half hour walk each way. She can't manage to get there, around town and back without needing to be carried. Hoping she'll use the board instead of being carried. At the moment we just don't do it because she won't go in a pushchair and I can't carry her (SPD).
Thanks for the heads up about resale value!

Chelazla Sun 08-Jan-17 10:29:50

I loved the buggy board!!! My dd loved it to!

skankingpiglet Tue 10-Jan-17 17:30:25

We have the Mountain Buggy Freerider which is excellent. Could be worth looking to see if they sell a compatible adapter for your pushchair? It connects really easily, flips up when not in use if you CBA to disconnect, and converts to a scooter too. My older DC is 2.6yo and like yours, walks well but gets tired occasionally. The freerider's worked really well, and she's never been so tired so as to be unable to stand (therefore needing a seat), and we stick the scooter handle in for her at the park etc which saves her legs a bit too whilst still giving her a bit of independence. I have to admit we still also have a double buggy, but that's so I can strap her in and shop without the worry of her pulling everything off the shelves (a favourite hobby of hers).

Applesauce29 Tue 10-Jan-17 17:36:56

I hate the buggy board (can't stand with correct posture when pushing buggy as have to be farther back), but it is much less of a pain than double buggy monstrosity (tho that is useful for strapping toddler in when bf little one so he doesn't run away if he's acting up). It's difficult - good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now