Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I don't think I'm overreacting

(4 Posts)
sarahnotsarah Thu 05-Jan-17 21:22:32

I'll try and keep it short...

Mother in laws birthday coming up and DP's sister is arranging it. Just a small affair, meal at local restaurant (all good) we all get along great. This time another couple are invited, it's complicated .. DP's uncle is with DP's ex partners sister, (following me?!confused) which again is fine albeit weird, but hey ho! Anyway, it's the first time I'll be meeting them (the uncle and the ex's sister) I'm not bothered about that so much. The big thing pissing me off is my step daughter might not be able to come as it's her time at her Mums, so my DP has just suggested I don't bring my children along to the meal in case his daughter felt left out. I'm so insulted and upset. 😔

Thoughts please...

WriterNeedsHelp2017 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:23:46

That's ridiculous. Would he do the same if your children couldn't come to his meal?

sarahnotsarah Thu 05-Jan-17 21:27:12

I very much doubt it! I'm really shocked he's said it 😠

buzzlightyearsdinosaur Fri 06-Jan-17 06:33:06

Surly it's up to him to see if he can negotiate with his ex and see if they can swap things around? if not then that'st just how it is that week.

But wouldn't it have been helpful of him to have mentioned this when the meal was being arranged in the first place? My friend only commits to family stuff on weekends that she has her kids and her family try and accommodate where possible, if they can't she has to negotiate with her ex as far as possible in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now