Talk

Advanced search

How much solid / milk do you give your 7 or 8 month old?

(10 Posts)
user1483570497 Wed 04-Jan-17 23:17:52

Hello!
First time posting smile (Read a lot on here so thought why not?!)

Just wondering how much food you give your little ones?

My DS is 7 months old and takes between 260 grams and 350grams of food over 3 meals plus chewing on finger food at every meal. I've noticed his milk dropping now, he takes 6 onzs in the morning, only 4-5 before lunch, then maybe another 6 if I'm lucky in the afternoon but only 4 or so before bed.

His weight is on track and he is alert (super happy little boy), so I believe all is well - I know all babies are different but I'm just curious to know where others babies of his age are at....

Thanks so much in advance for replies grin

ispymincepie Wed 04-Jan-17 23:25:24

I've never weighed my children's food!
My nearly 8mo had cheerios and blueberries for breakfast, beans on toast for lunch and slept through dinner. He also had maybe 20oz ebm throughout the day.

YumMum49 Wed 04-Jan-17 23:41:43

Oh hehe! Im self employed so have to admit that I use the pre made food pounches quite a bit so I've got to recognise a 100g portion! blush

Silly question but do you give your little one beans on toast just as it is and he/she eats it like finger food or do u cut it up?

ispymincepie Wed 04-Jan-17 23:54:08

I cut a piece of toast into about 6 fingers? Beans just go on the tray 😊

paxillin Fri 06-Jan-17 15:02:00

Long time ago now, but I used to just put a huge bath towel under their chair and plonk food in front of them as soon as they could be propped up in a high chair. Never weighed it, they self regulate. When feeding I just waited until they turned away.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 06-Jan-17 15:07:32

As long as he's getting a minimum of 20 floz of formula a day until he's one, he'll be ok. Sounds like he's taking to solids well, but I wouldn't introduce more meals or snacks just yet. The current advice is to move to 3 meals between 8 and 9 months. This is so they don't drop their milk feeds too quickly smile

YumMum49 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:32:55

Thanks so much for the advice everyone smile

LBOCS2 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:46:20

Is that so Jilted? I totally didn't realise that blush Ah well, we're doing BLW so she's only eating what she can manage. And still having 5 milk feeds a day.

And most importantly still has nibbly delicious squidgy thighs, so she's not losing weight on it smile

ODog Sat 07-Jan-17 20:12:16

My 7.5mo is fully BLW and bf on demand. She's been teething so been bobbing on and off the boob a fair bit today but a 'normal' day looks like this.

Wake up bf
Breakfast - small amount of cereal of porridge + fruit
Mid morning bf (starting to drop)
Lunch - sandwich of one slice of bread with shopped up raw veg
Mid afternoon bf
Dinner - swag Bol/cottage pie/fish and chips/curry/casserole/sausage and sweet pot wedges etc etc with yoghurt/fruit/biscuit for dessert
Bedtime bf
2x night bf

She has just started eating fairly decent amounts in the last week as she seems to have mastered chewing and swallowing bigger chunks. No idea on exact weights or anything though as I just dish her up a bit of what myself and DS are having.

Hope this helps.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 07-Jan-17 21:46:06

It all sounds good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now