Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone washed the Uppababy Vista cover??

(12 Posts)
Mumneedstea Tue 03-Jan-17 09:41:01

Hi all,

I am trying to get the Uppababy bassinet ready for DS2 and I not sure which parts can be washed confused

The mattress cover comes with a clear instruction, but that's it.
Can I wash the inner lining of the bassinet? And what about the actual canopy (it has the sun cover attached to it)

If anyone has successfully managed to wash them, I would love to know. Also, did you hand wash or machine wash on delicate cycle? (pls say machine wash smile)

TIA.

SunnySideDownUp Tue 03-Jan-17 09:51:43

You can wash all bits that come off on a handwash 30c cycle. I've done ours a few times.

SunnySideDownUp Tue 03-Jan-17 09:52:11

I emailed them to ask this question a while ago.

LittleSausageFingers Tue 03-Jan-17 09:54:02

I've washed all the removable parts, so the mattress cover and the inner lining, 30C. They came out really well. You can't wash the rest adaik, but you could give it a wipe down.

Mumneedstea Tue 03-Jan-17 10:08:27

Thanks Sunny and Little! Just put the first cycle on. Hoping for some sunlight as I know it will take a good 2 days to dry completely!

superstarrb Mon 20-Mar-17 17:00:39

Too late for the original poster I realise... But for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread... Under no circumstances use more than a pea sized amount of detergent if you are washing the covers by hand...

I want to cry!!! I threw all mine in the bath this morning to give them a quick clean... I have been rinsing all day long and still the bubbles are oozing out when pressed.

Mine didn't even really need washing! a wipe with a cloth would most definitely have sufficed but I'm selling mine now and thought it was the nice thing to do for someone elses new baby. Raaaaaaaaaa

DesignedForLife Mon 20-Mar-17 19:38:38

Better than what we did super. We washed the inner and put away for any potential more DC. DC2 came along and could we find it? Nope. Can only assume we accidentally donated it to charity, who probably binned it. That or we will find it in 15 years time...

superstarrb Mon 20-Mar-17 20:01:14

Ha! That's annoying... Although given mine still feels like it needs another rinse I wish I'd lost mine!

Pic of its current state!

Jenijena Mon 20-Mar-17 20:02:27

Can you put it through a rinse cycle on your washing machine super?

DesignedForLife Mon 20-Mar-17 20:25:24

Super -hang it out in the rain?

superstarrb Mon 20-Mar-17 21:05:23

I've put the fabric only bits in the washing machine but the seat has hard parts that I can't remove...

Scotinoz Tue 21-Mar-17 00:08:41

I've machine washed the bassinet lining, and the shopping basket. And scrubbed down and hosed off the seat fabric (granted I did this on a scorching Australian summer's day when it dried in about 30mins - it will likely only be spot wiped now we're in the UK!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now