Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a travel cot

(14 Posts)
Heirhelp Mon 02-Jan-17 18:15:15

I am looking for a travel cot for my super tall 8 month DD. I also want to use it as an emergency play pen for when I need to nip to the loo etc. Do any you lovely people have a recommendation?

Artandco Mon 02-Jan-17 18:20:03

Babybjorn. Pricey, but doesn't tip so can have 2-3 year old on if needed. Folds far lighter and smaller than most others . Holds its value so you could buy on eBay or buy new and sell in a few years

Heirhelp Mon 02-Jan-17 18:22:00

Thanks art. The look expensive. what is the mattress like? Is it very thin?

solittletime Mon 02-Jan-17 18:26:57

Babydan ! It was 10 years ago I bought mine though so not sure if the same now, but it was quite a bit longer than the norm. My dd1 used it as her bed until 3 yrs.

Artandco Mon 02-Jan-17 18:48:06

No the mattress is probably thicker than most travel cots

17caterpillars1mouse Mon 02-Jan-17 18:58:20

Asda have a red kite one for about £27. Our lg has used it around 4 separate nights now and slept well (she's 7 months). She's only 50 centile for height though but has lots of space in it

Heirhelp Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:53

My lo is on the 99% for height and hardly sleeps in her own cot.

coragreta Mon 02-Jan-17 19:13:14

We got a really cheap one from amazon. £15 I think. But we bought a fold up mattress. Definitely the wY to go as it's so much more comfortable. Mattress folds up small too so easy to travel. Have used it loads over Christmas.

solittletime Mon 02-Jan-17 19:59:36

We had a very thin mattress that was supposed to fit an ikea cot and used to put that on top of the babydan own mattress, which made it look and feel like a real bed. I used to just roll it up around the folded cot then put the travel cover over it. Or for short journey s just a nice soft towel between plastic mattress and sheet.. Both dds slept very comfortably in it.

randomsabreuse Mon 02-Jan-17 20:06:04

DD (16 months but 25th ish percentile) is happy with Red Kite and Hauck (via Aldi) travel cots. She's been fine sleeping on the standard mattress tbh.

LostAtTheFair Mon 02-Jan-17 20:44:04

I echo PP's recommendation of the baby Bjorn. Expensive but comfortable so you get sleep on holidays as baby/toddler is sleeping. The mattress folds into the bag which holds the cot so it can be transported as one unit. Other travel cots have a hard base which some people lie their baby on but really you need a travel cot mattress for the baby to be comfortable. So if you're travelling with one of those cots you need the bag holding the cot plus the mattress. If finances allow, I would definitely recommend the Baby Bjorn. It is smaller than some other travel cots but as PP said it is low to the ground and my DS still sleeps happily in his at 2.5 years.

fluffandsnuff Mon 02-Jan-17 20:46:58

I second Babydan. It folds up to the same size as other travel cots but it's a lot longer. My 2.5 year old was sleeping in it over Christmas

Christmasbaby16 Fri 06-Jan-17 15:22:36

Anybody tried the nuna dens? If so, what are your thoughts?

Heirhelp Fri 06-Jan-17 17:38:45

After doing some more research I have order the Phil and red travel cot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now