Talk

Advanced search

Obsessive chatter

(6 Posts)
CandODad Sun 01-Jan-17 22:12:26

We are at our wits end. Our DS has to be talking. He is seven and not a moment is allowed to go by without him chattering on about pointless, nonsensical, talking. We have explained it is acceptable to just sit in diligence now and then but it's impossible for him not to talk. When he doesn't have anything to actually talk about he will talk about next week, next year, last week, last year and then failing that ask questions which he knows the answer to.

We have tried explIning it Tom him, we have tried giving him five minutes to just sit and think etc but it doesn't work. It's the same if he is in trouble, he looks like he will explode if you have told him he need to not talk but can explain at the end.

We have a daughter only ten months older and she doesn't do any of this. We are at our wits end.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Choccywoccyhooha Sun 01-Jan-17 22:15:36

I have no advice i'm afraid, but you have accurately described my 6 year old. It is soul destroying.
Like you,we also have a child who is less than a year older and he is nothing like this.

angryangryyoungwoman Sun 01-Jan-17 22:16:18

Try giving him a voice recorder of some kind and asking him to make radio shows. In a room away from you smile

Ilovecaindingle Sun 01-Jan-17 22:18:58

He needs a project to keep him busy!!l
Model Village should keep him going for a while. . .
My ds is 8 and is manic if he is bored.
He is on the g+t if this is relevant to your ds.

kiki22 Sun 01-Jan-17 22:24:52

My niece is the same she started to get better about 8.5 and now at 10 can go for about 90 mins being quiet if she's busy. I think 7 was the worst age for it.

VioletRoar Sun 01-Jan-17 22:26:17

My oldest has always been this way. I tried giving him a diary. It worked for a good 24hours. <cries>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now