Talk

Advanced search

Finger Food for 13 month old

(7 Posts)
kelj2 Sun 01-Jan-17 09:02:24

Just wanting some finger food ideas for my 13 month old DD. Shes decided that she doesn't want anything that we feed to her via spoon. We are mainly stuck on dinner ideas. At the moment our go to foods are toast, hot chips, steamed veg but I'm struggling with finding a good variety. She was always a kid who preferred purees so this is a little new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

TeaBelle Sun 01-Jan-17 09:06:09

Anything you eat tgat can be picked up is finger food:
Meat cut into strips
Meatballs
Fish
Pasta
Rice
Potatoes
Veg
Cheese

Mrscog Sun 01-Jan-17 09:07:51

Pizza, sweet potato wedges, strips of chicken, roast dinner, chunks of cheese, fish fingers, pasta shapes, omelette wedges, all worked well here.

But Anything really - my DS2 considered anything a finger food - lasagne was a stressful one! He learnt to use a spoon at 14 months though so it improved after that.

ODog Sun 01-Jan-17 15:30:21

At that age just give her whatever you are having. DS started experimenting with a fork and spoon at that age too. My 7mo will eat curry, spaghetti Bolognese, casseroles, yoghurt etc. with her hands so a 13mo would definitely be able to tackle it.

I would stop thinking of things is terms of finger foods vs. Purées and just think of it all as good that you/another child would eat.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 01-Jan-17 16:28:42

I'd get a couple of long sleeved bibs so that if you feed her food with sauces, she won't (hopefully) ruin her clothes.

Then pretty much anything goes. Roast dinners and spag Bol have a,ways been favourites here but if you want to try things that are a little less messy try things like strips of omelette, fish cakes with some steamed veg or even these burgers.

When I was weaning my little Spoon Refuser I borrowed this book from our library which I found had a few useful ideas smile

Etak15 Sun 01-Jan-17 16:30:44

Anything you are eating at that age - agree with the long sleeved bibs!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Jan-17 10:14:00

Oh and Kelj yiu may get a few more replies if yiu ask MNHQ to move this thread to the weaning section. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now