Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

GIFTS FOR 1 YEAR OLD BOY

(12 Posts)
HaylJay Fri 30-Dec-16 20:40:50

Hello mamas (and papas)

I'm just looking for some suggestions on a gift for my 1 year old little boy.
His birthday is coming up in February and I'm wanting to get something worthwhile.. looking to spend up to and including £100
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance - Hayley

uhoh2016 Fri 30-Dec-16 22:28:26

Honestly I really wouldn't spend that much just on one thing. At one they really have no concept of birthdays or gifts, just but as and when they need things at this age.
If your looking for gift ideas then a push walker was what my ds used the most can usually pick one up for around £20.
Maybe take him to Clarks for 1st shoes?

venys Fri 30-Dec-16 22:32:44

My boys did, and still do, love a toy where you can roll cars, balls whatever down a track. (It becomes marble runs later). Get a nice sturdy tall one to help baby stand as well.

Marmalade85 Fri 30-Dec-16 22:35:16

HI HAYLEY WHY DON'T YOU BUY HIM A BABY BICYCLE?

icelollycraving Fri 30-Dec-16 22:42:54

I didn't spend very much on the first birthday. He liked a rocking thingy from mamas & papas. A bus from elc that was a shape sorter. He was more interested in the boxes tbh.

HaylJay Fri 30-Dec-16 23:22:29

Thanks I did think about going to Clarks actually! He is already walking so I want to get him some decent shoes for when he starts going outside smile

HaylJay Fri 30-Dec-16 23:22:46

Thanks, that's a great idea!

HaylJay Fri 30-Dec-16 23:23:42

Marmalade85 that is a really good idea! I am going to have a look at push along bikes. We all have bikes in the family smile

HaylJay Fri 30-Dec-16 23:24:29

Thankyou icelollycraving smile x

skankingpiglet Fri 30-Dec-16 23:57:25

For DD1's first birthday she got a fair bit, but the standout items she still uses now at 2.5yrs are a Wheelie Bug and a push-along which has wooden blocks in it (so a 2in1 toy). She loves the Bug so much in fact she'll be getting the larger size for her third birthday this summer so her sister can get the smaller one passed down to her. The push-along was a present from family so was new, but the Bug was a good nick second hand item and an absolute bargain at £20ish. If you aren't averse to second hand then it's the way to go IMO at that age.
A number of friends got 3in1 trikes for their kids and have reportedly gotten a lot of miles out of them, so that's an idea.
DD2 is one in the summer and I'm totally stumped as to what to get her. We already have everything she could possibly need but it somehow feels wrong to rewrap DD1's old stuff!

LotisBlue Sat 31-Dec-16 00:01:30

How about a micro scooter? He's a bit young for it now but it will be great in a few months time

CakeRattleandRoll Mon 02-Jan-17 01:14:25

We got DS a mini-trampoline that we could set up inside. Like the one here (can't understand why it says age 3+!!):
www.kmart.com.au/product/mini-kids-trampoline/122430

He couldn't bounce on it for a few months, but it has been used A LOT since! He's 4.5 now, and still likes it, and his little sister loves it too.

I agree that second-hand stuff is the way to go while they are little. Put aside the money you save to help get the pricier stuff they'll want when older.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: