Talk

Advanced search

Baby doesn't like cow's milk

(20 Posts)
Cranb0rne Fri 30-Dec-16 18:18:20

What did you do if your baby didn't like cow's milk? Since going back to work, my milk has all but dried up and formula costs a fortune. I am also sick of Sterilising bottles. But my baby doesn't like cow's milk. Anyone have any ideas? He won't go to bed without his beloved bottle either.

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 18:22:17

My DS hasn't drank any milk since I stopped bf at 13 months. Not a drop. He didn't like cows milk and we never tried formula as he'd never had it before. He eats loads of cheese and dairy products and is totally fine. He just has some water from a sippy cup at bedtime.

Artandco Fri 30-Dec-16 18:24:31

How old is baby?

You do know hardly any countries other than the uk sterilise bottles? Just wash well with soapy hot water then rinse.

Cranb0rne Fri 30-Dec-16 18:27:07

He's 12 months old. Is it okay not to sterilise even when using formula? We need the space on our counter now so we really want to chuck out the steriliser.

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 18:28:53

I think the recommendation is you only need to sterilise for 6 months?

dementedpixie Fri 30-Dec-16 18:31:46

It is still recommended until 12 months if using formula. Could you mix formula and cows milk to get them used to the flavour

Cranb0rne Fri 30-Dec-16 18:34:31

I will try mixing them in the bottle, thanks. Kind of surprised he doesn't like it as he eats anything put in front of him.

Graphista Fri 30-Dec-16 18:35:22

My info probably out of date but I stopped sterilising at 12 months and I'm a paranoid so and so with such things. My milk dried early too and we had to switch to formula (took several goes to find pnd she didn't instantly projectile vomit!).

Neither myself nor dd liked cows milk as babies, I still don't dd has come round but not massively keen. Mum just gave me cheese, yogurt, custard, fish and calcium rich veggies (green veg, white beans)

It can be done.

Graphista Fri 30-Dec-16 18:36:12

*one not pnd - bizarre autocorrect!

CarrotLegsWanted Fri 30-Dec-16 18:37:17

Have you tried full fat milk not semi or skimmed?

Probably a silly question but just checking x

CarrotLegsWanted Fri 30-Dec-16 18:37:48

X was an automatic x...though I'm sure you're lovely blush

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 18:40:06

Ah sorry I only ever used bottle for expressed milk so ignore my 6 months thing. Sorry.

ClariceBeanthatsme Fri 30-Dec-16 18:40:41

Have tried warming it up for him?? Or is that a silly question also? I had one dc who had to have it ice cold from the fridge and another who liked it warmed up.

CarrotLegsWanted Fri 30-Dec-16 18:47:45

Yes actually-a little warmed helped with mine.

Also the goodnight milk from hipp (I think) they liked. But I soon swapped that for weak horlicks

Soyouare2faced Fri 30-Dec-16 18:50:53

Sack of the sterilising. I did at 8months, drove me crazy and like you wanted rid for space

Soyouare2faced Fri 30-Dec-16 18:51:03

Sack off*

Cranb0rne Tue 03-Jan-17 10:37:19

Thank you for the replies. I've decided just to bin all the bottles and formula as I'm done with the hassle and expense! He has a sippy cup of water and I'll just add milk to his food and give him extra yoghurt etc. Bedtime without the bottle could be interesting...

CarrotLegsWanted Tue 03-Jan-17 10:47:45

So he won't have warmed full fat milk out of a bottle at all?

LauraMipsum Tue 03-Jan-17 10:49:38

Mine likes the Alpro Junior soy milk, slightly warmed.

Cranb0rne Tue 03-Jan-17 10:52:04

No, he won't touch warm, full fat milk even out of his bottle! Will try the soy milk, good suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now