Talk

Advanced search

Christening outfit for a boy in January

(5 Posts)
Callipygian Fri 30-Dec-16 11:17:45

DS is getting christened next weekend (yes I know this is last minute but I wanted to get Christmas out of the way first). With DD we had a summer christening, hottest day of the year and she wore a very very old family gown and after the ceremony just a vest as it was so hot.

I'm now having the opposite problem, he doesn't fit into the family gown because we've left it too long and its from an era when they would christen newborns. I'm looking at rompers but wouldn't he be cold (particularly his legs)? Would it look silly if put him in tights as well as a romper? He's 7 months.

Can anyone recommend a good romper/gown?

Temporaryname137 Fri 30-Dec-16 11:33:18

Hi -
Depends what you want to spend really. I got DD's from not on the high street, there's some lovely things on there. You can see rompers, gowns and little white baby outfits and see what you like! If they're a bit pricier than you had in mind, m&s and debenhams both do them, I think smile

Callipygian Fri 30-Dec-16 11:49:13

Thanks smile my only concern with notonthehighstreet is that i want to guarantee it fits and still give me time to get a backup if it doesn't before next weekend! I know a lot of stuff there is made to order or delivered from overseas.

NannyR Fri 30-Dec-16 11:54:42

I would go for plain/smart trousers and a white or cream jumper. The important white item is the shawl or blanket that is wrapped around them as part of the service.

drspouse Fri 30-Dec-16 13:11:27

Plain white tights would be fine under a romper and are easy to find in Boots/Next etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now