Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

if you have a one-year-old and are planning another... childcare/ work

(5 Posts)
blinkineckmum Thu 29-Dec-16 23:19:53

Hi,
Before anyone says that you can't or shouldn't plan these things... I am a planner! And just want to feel like finances have been considered.
So, I have a nearly 3yo and a 14mo, and work part time. I really want another child, possibly two more, so feel I need to crack on (I am mid-30s).
I am considering not working for a few years if and when dc3 comes along.
Do you know what our 1yos will be entitled to in terms of free childcare, and when?
I am potentially setting myself up to have 3 preschoolers at home during my next mat leave so just want to be informed/ consider finances etc..as I decide when to ttc.
Thanks

Heirhelp Sun 01-Jan-17 08:22:13

Unless you have very low income or in some kind of at risk group your lo will be entitled to 15 free hours, term time only at 3 but this manage change in the future.

PotteringAlong Sun 01-Jan-17 08:26:47

1 year olds are entitled to nothing in terms of free childcare - you get 15 free hours currently the term after they turn 3, unless you are in a vulnerable or at risk group when they may get them at 2. There is a possibility of the 15 free hours becoming 30 free hours but still after 3 and only if both parents work.

blinkineckmum Sun 01-Jan-17 17:52:20

Thank you both.

blinkineckmum Mon 02-Jan-17 09:43:27

Basically it is sensible for many reasons to wait another year before dc3. Dc1 will be at school and dc2 will get her 15 hours. But I don't think I can wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now