Talk

Advanced search

Newborn tracking apps

(8 Posts)
Cottagecosy Thu 29-Dec-16 13:36:24

Hi all. Due my first any day now and a friend recommended keeping a notebook of feeds, sleeps and nappies to make it easier to pass this info to hv's/ midwife when they ask.

So wondering if anyone has found or can recommend an app that suits this purpose?

The mothercare app does feeds and sleeps but I think the nappies is one my friend kept being asked about and I'm not sure how good il be at remembering in the inevitable newborn sleep deprivation stage!

Thanks!

Islacornx Thu 29-Dec-16 14:35:42

I use the 'babytime' app (looks like an orange timer) and it's amazing! I love it and use it all day every day and have done since DD was a few weeks old (now 8M)
It tracks sleep, nappies (wet/dirty), bottles (ml/minutes), breastfeeding (minutes), expressing (ml/minutes).
You can use it for multiple children and on different devices at the same time. I would highly recommend it!
Congratulations on your little one flowers

Cottagecosy Thu 29-Dec-16 14:47:57

Ooo that sounds perfect! Especially the multiple devices option if that means my oh can do it too. Off to check it out now... thanks!

chloechloe Thu 29-Dec-16 20:28:00

I use Baby Connect and would really recommend it.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Thu 29-Dec-16 20:35:34

I used Baby Daybook but I would give a word of caution - I developed anxiety about DD's sleep after using this type of app too much and worrying about guidelines etc

Perhaps a general note about timings or rough guide of nappies would be helpful for HVs but don't get sucked into timing everything and obsessing.

Congratulations on your imminent arrival!

Lules Thu 29-Dec-16 20:40:56

I used Feed Baby. It does all the things you want. of course it isn't necessary, but i found it really useful. I was so exhausted that it was hard remembering when I last fed him etc. And it does pretty graphs if you miss them when you're not at work!

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Fri 30-Dec-16 15:19:43

Glow Baby is pretty good

BabyBumpHopeful Sat 31-Dec-16 19:59:22

I too use Baby Daybook. It has all the things you asked for (and more!). I love it, however I use a notepad at night and then enter the information into the app later (I found the light from my phone woke me too much and made it harder to fall asleep afterwards).

My son is on 5+5 weeks old and I usually only use it for feeding and diapers (and baths) but as he's sick at the moment I've been tracking his temp as well. I didn't see the point of tracking sleep when he was asleep the majority of the time when he was still new, and even now, he's not on a schedule during the day yet and at night his sleeping time is between feeds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now