Talk

Advanced search

Post Christmas toy mountain

(8 Posts)
mum19821985 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:35:40

Anyone else's house an utter bombsite after Christmas?? I can no longer see the carpet in my livingroom and there is a toy mountain the size of the Eiffel Tower 😂 DS birthday was on Boxing Day so double the stuff! His room is full of stuff too! I'm tempted to give away all our possessions and become Amish ha ha

Summerdays2014 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:29:46

Our house is like this and my son is only 11 months old. It's ridiculous. Only going to get worse with his January birthday. We're going to ikea later to get some storage.

Rosieumbrella Thu 29-Dec-16 08:32:21

Yes me! I hate having to find homes for all the toys after Christmas! We have very generous grandparents on both sides who love to spoil the DC but they don't seem to realise that we only have a limited amount of space. I need to find space before Monday as it is DS birthday then so I feel your pain! I did get rid of a load before Christmas to make room, but I think half the problem is because the toys are all new the kids insist on getting them out again whilst I am attempting to put them away. I feel like a mean mummy but I just want to be able to see the floor!!

mum19821985 Thu 29-Dec-16 09:25:55

We didn't manage to have the pre-Christmas clear out as we have a new baby. We also have very generous grandparents who bought them large sacks each. Even our 5 month old has had a load of stuff! I may have to bag up the old toys and put them all in the shed! Our poor baby can't roll around on the floor anymore as there's too much stuff in the way. Aww

Hermagsjesty Thu 29-Dec-16 09:30:05

Yes - our house is a total tip!!

TheTantrumCometh Thu 29-Dec-16 09:31:10

Yep. My DS's birthday was the 27th, so even more stuff. The first Christmas with the two of them we went to ikea and bought more storage but we've definitely reached maximum storage now. Time for a cull!

Cheerybigbottom Thu 29-Dec-16 09:48:46

I suppose I'll have to tidy up today but the bins overflowing, the recycling has filled the shed and I'm still in a too-much-food induced coma sad

hopeful31yrs Thu 29-Dec-16 11:29:42

Yes. Currently still at relatives after celebrating Christmas and DDs birthday and have too much to take back. Not sure I want to pollute my house with all the crap wonderful gifts that we've been given. I may run away and cut contact with my family - their problem to sort out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now