Talk

Advanced search

Shoes

(7 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Tue 27-Dec-16 15:12:59

Hi all,

My 11 month old son has started walking over the last couple of weeks. I took him to get some shoes and they recommended the soft cruising type ones. He is walking really well inside (charging up and down the living room looking very pleased with himself!) with bare feet or socks, but he just can't seem to do it with the shoes on either inside or out. He seems to curl his toes up and just stare down at the shoes. Did anyone else's children take ages to get used to wearing shoes?

Thanks in advance.

Coconut0il Wed 28-Dec-16 19:30:38

DS2 was exactly the same. Very stable with bare feet but falling over with shoes. He was fine once he got used to them.

Summerdays2014 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:22:07

Thanks coconut. Fingers crossed he gets used to them soon.

Loulou2kent Thu 29-Dec-16 08:25:18

Couple of months ago, when I went to get did first shoes, he refuses to walk in any of the ones they brought out to us. The lady was asking me if he really could walk! But as soon as we got them home I put them on him & soon enough he was walking everywhere in them. He still doesn't particularly like wearing shoes & will take them off at any opportunity! But just came on to say they do get used to it smile

redcaryellowcar Thu 29-Dec-16 08:28:58

I think we were advised by shoe shop to wait for six weeks after they started to walk for any type of shoes, I suspect because if this? I'm sure they will get the hang of it soon!

Summerdays2014 Thu 29-Dec-16 08:36:58

Loulou - same with my son, the lady in the shop didn't believe he could actually walk! He also takes them off as soon as I put them on him. I was really looking forward to watching him walking around the playground, guess I'll just have to be patient! It must be difficult getting used to something so different!

kelj2 Sat 31-Dec-16 10:00:52

It's much easier for them to walk without shoes because they grip with their feet. I am unfamiliar with the type of shoes you are talking about but a podiatrist friend of mine recommended soft soled shoes for when they start walking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now