Talk

Advanced search

Can't cope with my 10 month old baby

(12 Posts)
Catsarefluffy Tue 27-Dec-16 14:52:55

Hi long story and I struggle with writing so good luck reading!
My ds has had breathing problems since birth it toke a lot of fighting including doctors thinking I was mentally unwell to finally get some answers he's got laryngomalacia with a laryngeal cleft and reflux with all bring lots of meds and hospital admissions last wk he was rushed to hospital as he stopped breathing. He screams all the time and hardly sleeps I haven't had a full night sleep since he was born. Weaning is a mess to put it lighty He's can't have anything unless is water thin puree and even then he sometimes chokes in that. I've now left three messages for his ent doctor to call me as he's getting worce but heard nothing yet (the first one was beginning of dec) I am not copeing none of my family care and tbh I can't do this for much longer. I need help

Catsarefluffy Tue 27-Dec-16 14:54:05

Also posted somewhere else as could not decide where to post

JayDot500 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:55:05

I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it. Are you a single mother or is there a partner involved?

I've not had the same experience as you, but just wanted to hold hands a bit. My son is a bit of a handful at 11 months (although no medical problems), and it seems a lot of women in my family had easier babies, so my tales of hardship fall on deaf ears and it can seem like a lonely place at times. But you are doing a good job at caring for him I'm sure. It's also a good thing you're sharing your story. I hope you get better replies! Please don't stop trying to get answers for your son and support for yourself! flowers

mscongeniality Tue 27-Dec-16 16:59:59

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. Don't stress about weaning at all right now. It can happen much much later. Just give him what he wants, if that's milk then stick to that. Food is not essential until 1 and later anyways.
My son is 20 months and only now eating proper solid food and is still fussy about a lot of things.

Focus on his health issues. Call your GP or call 111 if you need urgent advice.

Do you have a partner around to help? Definitely call family if you have anyone nearby.

The first year can be so tough anyways without all these additonal challenges.

Hope you're okay.

Catsarefluffy Tue 27-Dec-16 17:34:31

Thanks yeah I've got a dh but he works alot

EvieSparkles0x Tue 27-Dec-16 18:11:49

So sorry you are struggling sad While you need to address his medical issues I think the most urgent thing is that you are not coping and you and your family need to make your emotional we,lbeing. Please talk to everyone you can to explore what helpyou can get, this can in turn help you with your son's medical issues.

For example, you need to tell your health visitor that you are not coping, you should have a checkup around now. You also need to talk to your DP and calmly explain to him how you are feeling (I say calmly because I know sometimes these conversations can go the wrong way when both sides are stressed), and if your family are unsupportive do you have any close friends you can use as a support network?

I know this just be so tough I really feel for you; I second the advice from a PP, stick to milk for now and bring things back to basics, try and make life as simple and easy for yourself as you can. Get a consultation/second opinion on your sons conditions and see if he needs special formula milk etc. Please take care of yourself and let us know here how you are doing, there are so many mums I'm sure we all have some advice and experience, or just a sympathetic ear smile flowers

EvieSparkles0x Tue 27-Dec-16 18:14:49

And sorry for all the terrible spelling and grammar errors, I hope you caught the gist of whatI was trying to say!

Catsarefluffy Tue 27-Dec-16 21:08:47

I've already spoken to people about the not copeing . My sister came today and got my dd out on her new bike which made me feel better. We had dinner out tonight which made me feel shit as it was only to get us out and so I didn't cook .

MrBear Fri 30-Dec-16 08:39:12

" We had dinner out tonight which made me feel shit as it was only to get us out and so I didn't cook ."
Literally this is the only reason to eat out. smile

I think the problem is your too hard on yourself.

Think of it this way, you've guided your child though a difficult time and even rushed him to hospital,saving his life . If you did that once they'd give you a medal. but you do it day in , day out.

No wonder your tired and struggling.

Try not to be so hard on yourself, things have a way of meshing together bit by bit and getting better slowly, one day at a time. It might not feel like it , but you'll look back in 12 months time and only then realise how much better things have got.

HaylJay Fri 30-Dec-16 20:47:02

So sorry to hear this, I don't have much advice but just wanted to say your doing really well mama!
Are you on any antidepressants? they can help if you feel you are not coping
- big hugs -

Jellybean100 Sat 31-Dec-16 18:50:30

My son also has laryngomalacia but with no other issues at present thankfully. Can I ask at what point were you referred to ENT?

Catsarefluffy Sat 31-Dec-16 23:39:54

At 4 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now